cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 19.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
These features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of 7/20/20

Oculus Link

You can now select from 4 graphics profile settings to optimize your experience with Link. The new settings options are:

• Automatic: When this option is selected, the optimal setting for your configuration will be chosen for you.
  • Performance: This setting is recommended if your configuration is lower spec.
  • Balance: This setting is recommended for mid tier spec configurations.
  • Quality: This setting is recommended for higher spec configurations.

Learn more about the optimal settings for your configuration.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused tracking to not work as intended for some Rift users.
  • Fixed an bug with Link that caused some AMD GPUs to show a black screen when launching apps. 
84 REPLIES 84

HiThere_
Superstar
So thing is I never had an Oculus driver update critical failure until now.

Has their support team spent the last 10 days actively working on an urgent fix to undo the problem they created, or is it just busy laughing out loud after reading this post that's suggesting there's anyone being paid to do that 🙂

Like they could release a text update : "We are aware that our Build 19.0 has completely bricked multiple CV1/CV1-S, sorry for the inconvenience."

NWGJulian
Explorer
not sure if it has something to do with that software build (does it install automatically?), but i cant start up my rift s since today afternoon.

seems like i am not the only one with this problem:

PrecisionAlex
Honored Guest
After this update my rift-s is now useless.  A flickering home screen, i can hear application sounds but it just stays in the home screen running at 1fps with an intermittent black flicker on the screen.

This is somewhat of a crosspost with the quest v19 thread but the fact remains. The v19 update broke link mode for my quest and has rendered my rift-s fairly useless.

EDIT : I've been told I can't do a rollback on the quest firmware but can I rollback the windows software? Everything worked well enough before this update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
V19 on both my Rift S and Quest working fine on my end.
For Rift suggest maybe downloading the Oculus Installer and trying a repair of the Oculus installation.

Hentaiwatcher26
Honored Guest

Richooal said:

My oculus rift wont update how do i fix this?

If it's only this update that you're missing, then it's probably just because they push it in stages to everyone over about a week.
Just wait, it will come.
                                                                                                                                                                                   My computer only has 1 HDMI port so when i was playing it said update needed but it never updated and its been like 2 weeks and still hasn't updated

Richooal
Consultant

Richooal said:

My oculus rift wont update how do i fix this?

If it's only this update that you're missing, then it's probably just because they push it in stages to everyone over about a week.
Just wait, it will come.
                                                                                                                                                                                   My computer only has 1 HDMI port so when i was playing it said update needed but it never updated and its been like 2 weeks and still hasn't updated

The software can be updated without the Rift being connected, so it makes no difference how many HDMI's you have.
What version of the software are you on now?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

HiThere_
Superstar

NWGJulian said:

not sure if it has something to do with that software build (does it install automatically?), but i cant start up my rift s since today afternoon.

You can check if build 19.0.0.364.531 installed itself at the bottom of your "Settings/General" screen.

And if you do have it installed you can check when it installed itself in "Notifications", to confirm if that instalation date matches the day your HMD stopped working.

Although with most users here either complaining build 19 having instantly bricked their otherwise working HMD, or simply thanking the gods that it didn't (don't worry guys, they'll get you next time), then anyone congratulating build 19 for fixing anything, I don't understand why Oculus would still be distributing build 19 to even more unfortunate users well over one week after receiving  the first negative user reports.

If you're not a fan of russian roulette you could try spotting and delaying that forced update until a working one comes out, but once it's on your HMD is either fortunately still working or you're screwed and suck in limboland.

Dracio
Explorer
my problem with the stuttering was completely fixed by disabling the RGB lighning on my graphics card (RTX 2980TI ASUS ROG STRIX) with the ASUS AURA software. Unblievable, that this RGB effects cause microstuttering.

Betta82
Honored Guest

My CV1 Was working perfectly before this update, now the HMD won't turn on. Anybody else with this issue?

Same issue. After the update, my CV1 is on Black Screen of death. Trying all the metod, instal, re-instal the software, conect, disconect, update video drivers, update the windows 7 and nothing

Richooal
Consultant

Betta82 said:
Same issue. After the update, my CV1 is on Black Screen of death. Trying all the metod, instal, re-instal the software, conect, disconect, update video drivers, update the windows 7 and nothing

Did you "update the windows 7" to Windows 10?
Oculus stopped support for Win 7 in January 2020. Before looking for answers you could at least try to meet the minimum requirements for your product.

@SeekNDestr0y @HiThere_  and @Betta82 all have black screen and Win 7
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.