cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC reboots when game starts

Captain_Insano
Honored Guest
Game is constantly shutting down my PC when playing on Google Earth.  Superhot VR does not load at all the game is stuck on the "loading" screen and does not go anywhere.  Having minor issues with other games as well.  Please help, I know my PC is strong enough to support every game available but it appears that there seems to be some type of glitch or issue on any game i'm Playing. 
PC Specs
Windows 10 64 Bit
i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHZ
Z170A Gaming M3 Motherboard
NVidia GeForce GTX 1070
16GB Memory DDR4
3 REPLIES 3

cybershrapnel
Protege
ur CPU overheating. headset is in 4k, i had similar issue, downclock ur CPU or add better cooling. Most likely anyways..... could be a bad CPU or seating issue to...

Captain_Insano
Honored Guest
How do I adjust the headset resolution?  Didn't realize that was an option.

Onix11
Honored Guest
Download `HWINFO64` free version. run it alongside any 3d program (your rift or a game) and check your voltages are in check. If any voltages are below spec, check your PSU connections are all tightly inserted and it may resolve all your problems.I had the exact same issue, my rift and some games would shut down the pc and this was my fix. Turns out my 5 volt was low cause a cable was not fully inserted even though it looked like it was seated fine.