cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Release 1.31 Rolling Out Now (Live)

cybereality
Grand Champion
Today at Oculus Connect, we shared some exciting updates about the future of Rift. Core 2.0 is out of beta — and now known as the new Rift Platform. Soon, everyone will be using Home and Dash. We've put a ton of work into improving performance and look and feel, and can't wait to hear what you think. Release notes for 1.31 can be found below — and be sure to visit the Rift blog for more info.
  • Dash
    • We're launching Experiments, a proving ground for experimental features aren't ready for official release. You can toggle individual experiments via the Settings tab within Dash. Some of the first experimental features available for testing:
      • Oculus Desktop Window Pullout
      • Wristwatch
      • Window Controls
    • Various design improvements to increase usability.
    • Various performance improvements and fixes, including an issue with Library sorting
  • Home:
    • New themed item collections: Spooky, Pirate, and Retro-Modern.
    • Customer Developer Items
      • Developers can now give out special Home objects and decor as gameplay rewards and achievements (live with initial partners, opening to all developers soon).
    • User generated content
      • Home now supports the playback of skinned animations for user generated content
      • Fixed an issue where user generated content would sometimes not show up in Home
    • We've revamped the UI to improve usability.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
780 REPLIES 780

RAD_Rachel
Honored Guest

zemangaka said:

Hi, I think that I have an issue with the "Custom Developer Items". I  have finished the story of Moss, lone echo, superhotvr, arizona sunshine dlc,  brass tactics and have the first "echo vr" achievement (level 20) but I don't unlock a single one "Custom Developer Item". I'm on the 1.31.0.684290 Oculus version (PTC enabled). I also see that Lone Echo don't appear at all in the achievements tab of the oculus desktop app. Are the "Custom Developer Items" actually available? If it is, can you give me a clue to unlock one of these items?

Except that, I'm really happy with this new version:
-no more lag in the home
-locomotion with the headset view and the joysticks works very well for me
-UI is better than before (more easy to use and to read)
I suppose that an achievements tab in the dash menu is also on the way
-special items work like a charm

In regards to the Lone Echo achievement, that achievement is actually unlocked by watching the new Lone Echo II Trailer Experience not by playing Lone Echo. The Lone Echo II Trailer Experience is currently only available on the Oculus Go but will be available on the Oculus Rift very soon. 

Digikid1
Consultant

kojack said:

Here I sit in my rift with no Home 2 ever opening.
I don't even mind Home 2, I only disabled it because everybody keeps acting like it's not possible to remove it. 🙂

How?

kojack
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

kojack said:

I don't even mind Home 2, I only disabled it because everybody keeps acting like it's not possible to remove it. 🙂

How?

I said how on page one of this thread.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

LZoltowski
Champion

kojack said:

Digikid1 said:

kojack said:

How?

I find that Reddit thread very inaccurate and sensationalist in terms of resource use.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

harryinthesoup
Protege
I just started Oculus after the 1.31 update and a duplicate windows task bar appeared in the middle of my screen. I closed Oculus but the task bar persisted and the only way I could get rid of it was to restart  Windows 10

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Just because a couple of smart guys have made Hacks doesn’t mean you should use them, lol!

I’d wait until the dust settles on these after others have tried them before blindly jumping on board imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

harryinthesoup
Protege

I just started Oculus after the 1.31 update and a duplicate windows task bar appeared in the middle of my screen. I closed Oculus but the task bar persisted and the only way I could get rid of it was to restart  Windows 10

After restart of WIn 10 and start of Oculus additional task bar has not reappeared so far

kojack
MVP
MVP

kojack said:

Digikid1 said:

kojack said:

How?

I find that Reddit thread very inaccurate and sensationalist in terms of resource use.

I didn't look at any numbers, it's just a way to replace Home. I prefer my method (no downloads, no running anything, just a couple of seconds in explorer).
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

kojack said:

kojack said:

Digikid1 said:

kojack said:

How?

I didn't look at any numbers, it's just a way to replace Home. I prefer my method (no downloads, no running anything, just a couple of seconds in explorer).

It's a great idea - I'll miss the Store though. One of the great things about Classic Home was getting the Store totally in-your-face every time you put on the headset (but I mean that in a good way). But in Home 2.0 the Store is hidden - you have to manually activate it - if my primary purpose was to help VR devs sell games and apps, I think I'd wanted to keep the Store-in-your-face-approach. In Home 2.0 I often forget to check the Store. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Don't tell them that, next update we'll all be starting in the Oculus Store (= more sales), lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers