cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Black Screen FIX (only for me?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got a fix for black screen! Just put the Rift in Display Port 1 of your graphic card! There it is working since an hour, no problems! On DP 1 or 2 it wasnt working, strange. (Newest nvidea driver, older Win 10 Version) Hope that will help you guys..
12 REPLIES 12

PopaStern
Honored Guest
Worked for me also. Thanks.

Bulldozerfn
Honored Guest
thank youuuu!!!  i updated nvidia driver yesterday and didnt work on dp2. now im fine with dp1

Soulless512
Expert Protege
So what if you have you monitor in DP 1 and i have it in DP2 and it still black screens

Cool_MC_Cool
Protege
what port is DP1? On my Card there is noch 1 and 2 😄
But yes I changed disply and Rift and this worked one time, today no luck with this fix.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I can't see why switching DP port would fix this problem unless you have a faulty graphics card.

Cool_MC_Cool
Protege
It's maybe just like a unplug/plug in again with some luck on your side. with "hundrets" of this I get mine to work 3-4 times. This can't be good for the display by the way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's maybe just like a unplug/plug in again with some luck on your side. with "hundrets" of this I get mine to work 3-4 times. This can't be good for the display by the way.

Yeah when I completely unplugged everything including the headset connector, mine worked for several times and thought it was fixed only to be denied shortly later.

Cool_MC_Cool
Protege
@dburne what graphic card and mainboard you use?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dburne what graphic card and mainboard you use?

EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra.
EVGA Z390 Dark MB.

Think I may have solved the issue. After investigating found I had the headset USB plugged into an AsMedia 3.1 Gen2 port. I moved it to an Intel USB 3.1 Gen 1 port this afternoon.
So far so good, been working all afternoon closing Home and re-opening it.
Keeping fingers crossed that this too is not just an anomaly!