cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.43 PTC Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Home

• You can now use the Scale Tool to change an object’s size to make it larger or smaller.
  • To scale an object, grab the object, make sure the scale icon is highlighted in blue, then push your thumbstick to the right or left to scale the size up or down.
  • Keep in mind, some special objects can’t be used with the scale tool.
    • For a more in-depth tutorial, check out the Oculus support site for our new Oculus Home help guide (coming soon!)
43 REPLIES 43

HerbertWraczlav
Honored Guest

I can´t but remember the first day I entered the world of VR expecting the limits of what´s possible dwelled only within one´s imagination. "No more shall I bow to matter!", I proclaimed.

Then, with an omnipotent feeling, I dared to employ my new powers to make an obscenely large table a little bit smaller. But what at first appeared as a mere trifle serving just as an appetizer for much greater deeds to come, soon proved to be an insurmountable challenge that taunted me ever since. 

Today, my friends, all this sorrow is but a tale of bleak past, as now we hold the elusive power of Scale Tool. Henceforth no chair shall be unwieldy and no statue too small, and both shall be just right.

Cavey74
Explorer
I have a Rift CV1 and I received this update and a firmware update earlier this evening. Since this happened, my Beat Saber scoring has become erratic. It's very reminiscent of what I saw when the tracking bug was introduced in 1.39. Was tracking changed somehow with this update?

Richooal
Consultant

Cavey74 said:

I have a Rift CV1 and I received this update and a firmware update earlier this evening. Since this happened, my Beat Saber scoring has become erratic. It's very reminiscent of what I saw when the tracking bug was introduced in 1.39. Was tracking changed somehow with this update?

I also have a CV1. My update to 1.43 came about 3 hours ago.
There was no firmware update for my devices. There was, however, a driver update required. ( I'm guessing it was my printer driver, but I could be wrong.)

I didn't notice any bad effects from this version. The scaling thing works for me, but I won't be using it.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Cavey74
Explorer
I left the beta channel and rolled back to 1.42 and my scores went back to normal. Either I was having a very off 90 minutes or something changed in the update as far as the tracking of fast movement is concerned. I'll try updating again at some point tomorrow to see if I notice the same thing.

ShocksVR
Superstar
1.43 had a headset firmware update for me, I'm on the Rift S.
Headset firmware version now at - 2.1.1
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

razalom
Explorer
Just noticed that after the update my controllers are actually turning off for the first time ever when finishing with the Rift!

Orkel
Adventurer
Rift S, received both software and firmware update. What changed in the firmware?

Richooal
Consultant

razalom said:

Just noticed that after the update my controllers are actually turning off for the first time ever when finishing with the Rift!

Rift or Rift S?

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

razalom
Explorer

Richooal said:

razalom said:

Rift or Rift S?

Sorry Rift S