cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.43 PTC Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Home

• You can now use the Scale Tool to change an object’s size to make it larger or smaller.
  • To scale an object, grab the object, make sure the scale icon is highlighted in blue, then push your thumbstick to the right or left to scale the size up or down.
  • Keep in mind, some special objects can’t be used with the scale tool.
    • For a more in-depth tutorial, check out the Oculus support site for our new Oculus Home help guide (coming soon!)
43 REPLIES 43

Richooal
Consultant

Orkel said:

Another PTC update, 9 parts download. No firmware update.

No firmware update for what? Rift or Rift S?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
New update 1.43ptc earlier today.  No changes for me to report.  No firmware updates with my cv1 w/2x sensors.  The 1.43ptc release info is the same but I don't think that this is a problem.  Just more fine-tuning going on, that's all.  I'm really not sure why some need to know every last detail all the time?

Trying out releases and providing feedback is far more useful imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Richooal
Consultant
In my humble opinion, if a new version of an existing test is released, more feedback will be provided if the changes are noted.
When the changes are declared, people can specifically target those changes during "testing". If no changes are declared, the user may never try the part of the software that has been changed.
At the end of the day, more is better than less. It would take one person only a few minutes to type release notes that are useful and delivered to every test channel user.

In John Carmack's early days, his communication with the end user was legendary. His .plan stuff was brilliant. The release notes on patches were, sometimes, pages long detailing every change.
What we get now is a snub.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Richooal said:

In my humble opinion, if a new version of an existing test is released, more feedback will be provided if the changes are noted.
When the changes are declared, people can specifically target those changes during "testing". If no changes are declared, the user may never try the part of the software that has been changed.
At the end of the day, more is better than less. It would take one person only a few minutes to type release notes that are useful and delivered to every test channel user.

In John Carmack's early days, his communication with the end user was legendary. His .plan stuff was brilliant. The release notes on patches were, sometimes, pages long detailing every change.
What we get now is a snub.

I understand where you are coming from mate.  Maybe I tend to set the bar a little too low these days.  At least that way I'm not often disappointed, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers