cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift Build 13.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of February 3, 2019.

Events
  • We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
    • Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
    • Viewing a developer created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
    • Viewing a user created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
    • You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.
Oculus Mirror
  • We’ve exposed the customization options to the Oculus Mirror tool as a Graphical User Interface.
    • These options will allow you to do things like adjust the mirror type, choose which eye(s) is displayed on the mirror, adjust the FOV scale of the mirror, and also take screenshots.
    • You can also save and load Oculus Mirror settings within the File menu, which will also save and restore the window position and size.
    • Hotkeys for these new options can be found next to each item within the Settings and File menus.
    • The tool will automatically reconnect to the Oculus Service in the event of a service restart.
    • The Oculus Mirror tool can be launched by navigating to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics and selecting OculusMirror.exe.
98 REPLIES 98

Anonymous
Not applicable
@morphee7 Same issue for me with the 3 dots. I find if I block the light sensor in the headset on and off it eventually gives me home

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Looking over many of the problems many seem to be having with v13.1 (esp. with ACC) it seems like the majority are using AMD Ryzen CPU's.  Of course I don't know for sure but it seems like there might be a problem with these CPU's and/or Oculus not properly catering for them.  Who knows?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

Looking over many of the problems many seem to be having with v13.1 (esp. with ACC) it seems like the majority are using AMD Ryzen CPU's.  Of course I don't know for sure but it seems like there might be a problem with these CPU's and/or Oculus not properly catering for them.  Who knows?

CPU hasn’t changed for anyone though, only change was the Oculus update. Was working perfectly before 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

CPU hasn’t changed for anyone though, only change was the Oculus update. Was working perfectly before 

TomCgcmfc said:

Maybe it's just not working well with AMD Ryzen right now.  Maybe check that there isn't an AMD bios update or something.  Even Win10 and GPU updates can effect things. 

Going to previous Oculus updates, even 1.43, there are always a few reporting problems.  In your case you have reported similar problems way back in 1.13, lol! 

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/512105#Comment_512105

I'm not saying that it isn't potentially an Oculus update problem.  Just that it could be caused by soooo many other things.  Hearing multiple complaints, often pretty derogatory, from the same few users isn't very useful imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

TomCgcmfc said:

TomCgcmfc said:

Maybe it's just not working well with AMD Ryzen right now.  Maybe check that there isn't an AMD bios update or something.  Even Win10 and GPU updates can effect things. 

Going to previous Oculus updates, even 1.43, there are always a few reporting problems.  In your case you have reported similar problems way back in 1.13, lol! 

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/512105#Comment_512105

I'm not saying that it isn't potentially an Oculus update problem.  Just that it could be caused by soooo many other things.  Hearing multiple complaints, often pretty derogatory, from the same few users isn't very useful imho.

Thing is I race in a league and drive just about every day. When this problem started in December it was literally a case of it was perfect on the day before the update and dropped when the update installed, between the two days no other changes happened at all, no windows updates, driver updates, ACC updates, bios updates, nothing at all. PC is fully up to date.

There were a few people with the same issue but seems they have either accepted 40fps or stopped playing. Sim racing is a very small community after all

Ray_Sover
Expert Protege
Tom has a perfectly valid point though. It could just be something that the updated Oculus software doesn't like about your specific hardware, or it may be arguing with something else you have installed.

That doesn't make it your fault or any less of a problem for you, but it does highlight the importance of including full system specs in any communications, even here on the forums, regarding performance problems.

Maybe put your full system specs in your forum signature. Who knows? A fellow forum member may have had the same issues with the same hardware and might be able to offer an easy fix.
Intel i7-6700K OCed to 4.7GHz (all cores) @ 1.37V with Corsair Hydro H60 Rev.2 liquid cooling | Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56 OCed to 1.7GHz boost clock @ 1.05V | 16GB (2x 8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4-3333 CL16 RAM | Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming K3 motherboard | Win10 Pro 64-bit on 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD on PCIe3.0 x4 | Corsair RM750x PSU | Oculus Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Signature added

Ray_Sover
Expert Protege
That's better. Nice setup!

Do you have any third-party software installed for the wheel, pedals, etc? If so, try temporarily uninstalling it and see if the problem goes away. I've seen reports on this forum that some manufacturer's keyboard and mouse custom configuration software has adversely affected Rift frame rate, so maybe you're having a similar problem.
Intel i7-6700K OCed to 4.7GHz (all cores) @ 1.37V with Corsair Hydro H60 Rev.2 liquid cooling | Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56 OCed to 1.7GHz boost clock @ 1.05V | 16GB (2x 8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4-3333 CL16 RAM | Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming K3 motherboard | Win10 Pro 64-bit on 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD on PCIe3.0 x4 | Corsair RM750x PSU | Oculus Rift S

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Signature added

Pretty good setup except for the cpu ( just intel fanboy talk, lol!).

One workaround with v13.1 that seems to improve things for me is to go to your Dash dashboard settings/graphics and enable the panel rendering option slider.  While you are there disable the AA option slider. The AA option slider does not seem to do anything except double the gpu usage.  Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ray_Sover said:

That's better. Nice setup!

Do you have any third-party software installed for the wheel, pedals, etc? If so, try temporarily uninstalling it and see if the problem goes away. I've seen reports on this forum that some manufacturer's keyboard and mouse custom configuration software has adversely affected Rift frame rate, so maybe you're having a similar problem.

Just true drive software for the wheel, I’ll try to turn it off as it doesn’t actually need to run during driving, that’s unchanged though when problems started. 

The whole PC is primarily dedicated to the sim rig, not a lot of anything else installed.