cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift s order still on opened

mosley_
Honored Guest
Bought a rift s about 5 days ago and its still "opened". Anyone have an idea on how long it will take to start shipping? If it helps I live in Australia. I've read around and apparently it should only be 2-4 days, or am I just being impatient?
15 REPLIES 15

MattTheCat8
Explorer
I just ordered my rift s two days ago (I'm in Australia as well). From what I've asked my friends it should take a month at most to deliver. They all said it was stuck on opened for 4-7 days as well. Keep an eye to see if it come back in stock on Amazon AU cause then you can cancel this order if its still on 'opened' and get 3-day shipping (AU not US). Since I ordered it within the same time period I would appreciate it if you were to tell me when the status ticks over. 

mosley_
Honored Guest

I just ordered my rift s two days ago (I'm in Australia as well). From what I've asked my friends it should take a month at most to deliver. They all said it was stuck on opened for 4-7 days as well. Keep an eye to see if it come back in stock on Amazon AU cause then you can cancel this order if its still on 'opened' and get 3-day shipping (AU not US). Since I ordered it within the same time period I would appreciate it if you were to tell me when the status ticks over. 

Thanks for the info, I'll keep my eye on it all

mosley_
Honored Guest
Also would anyone know if this changes overnight or during the day or at anytime? So if I check during the day I won't need to check again until the next day instead of checking 8 times a day to see nothing change.  😄 

Mushroomies
Heroic Explorer

mosley_ said:

Also would anyone know if this changes overnight or during the day or at anytime? So if I check during the day I won't need to check again until the next day instead of checking 8 times a day to see nothing change.  😄 

It can change any time during the day,
Most of the time but not all of the time it will stay on open 7 to ten days, Give or take a day or two. Open means they have one selected for you and only you.
Then it changes to Process for shipping, That can last a few days, When they are fixing to ship it, they will take the money for it and then it will change to shipped. In the United States it is shipped UPS 2 Day Air. I don't know about other countries. It may be a little different on the shipping there. 
This is the Basics of how it works. If your order says open, You are good, You will get one. I know all of you are like I am and would like it now, Hang in there. All is good.
The day you receive it, The Sun shines on you and the Angels in Heaven start to sing and you find yourself with the desire to show a Rainbow to a Kitten.  😛 See you all soon in the VR World  🙂

PossibleDeaths
Honored Guest
I placed an order for mine on July 21st and its been on open since. I dont think theyre actually in stock.

PartyPicks
Honored Guest

I placed an order for mine on July 21st and its been on open since. I dont think theyre actually in stock.

I ordered mine a good 3 weeks or more and it still reads OPEN ....be nice to see a notice or update or something rather then being stuck in limbo here ?

mosley_
Honored Guest

mosley_ said:

It can change any time during the day

Do they send an email when it changes, or notify you at all?

Mushroomies
Heroic Explorer

mosley_ said:

mosley_ said:

It can change any time during the day

Do they send an email when it changes, or notify you at all?

Not when it changes,
If you were signed in when you placed your order, you are suppose to get a tracking number when it is shipped, If you were not signed in you ordered under a guest account, you will most likely not get a tracking number. The only way I got a tracking number is when the date was coming up for my Order to arrive. I contacted (Oculus live chat) and asked them to look it up and give me a tracking number. It only took a minute or two, 

maretodoric
Honored Guest
Wow, i had to register to comment on this. I've placed an order to ship to Poland on July 28th with estimated delivery date August 10. Order is still in "Opened" status. Today is 7 days since I've placed an order. Does it really take this long? Can anyone from Europe comment on this?

EDIT:
Whoops, theu literally charged me 10 minutes after writing this comment 😄 so i hope i should expect it soon! Status changed to Processing for Shipping.