cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift s wont turn on after 20 minutes of use.

lifeiskewl
Honored Guest
Hello, just came back from best buy and was setting up the rift s, everything was working fine but then all of a sudden the display for the rift shuts off and the little light on the top of the display won't light up, I've tried restarting, changing usb ports but not even the oculus app recognizes the device anymore. Did I get a faulty wire or is there something else at play here? Last thing I was doing was checking out virtual desktop and getting used to the controls of the device.  Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

downflow311
Honored Guest
This exact same thing just happened to me as well with a brand new Rift S after about 2 hours of use.

lifeiskewl
Honored Guest
Posted this on reddit and it appears the usb wire attached to the headset got loose as well as for the others, I simply had to replug it in and it's back to normal, hopefully this will help someone else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Posted this on reddit and it appears the usb wire attached to the headset got loose as well as for the others, I simply had to replug it in and it's back to normal, hopefully this will help someone else.

The one that plugs directly into the headset?
How did you pull it out? It sems to be in their pretty good on mine.

xeno3d
Adventurer
Im having the same issue.  I re-seated the cable in the headset still no go.  I can temporarily fix it by unplugging the usb cable and plugging it back in.  Also seems to be related to software? I can recreate the issue every single time when playing Arktika 1

Amantis1
Honored Guest
I just got my Oculus Rift S today and I'm having the same issue. Could anyone explain to me how to fix this or if this is just a defective Headset?

orkt_ozdemirci
Honored Guest
Totally same here. Happened after two days of use. How do you remove the cable by the way? Mine was too firm to remove so i don't want to push it too much. 

orkt_ozdemirci
Honored Guest
There is no lights, nothing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no lights, nothing. 

What happended after? Did you get it turned on?