cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating the Guardian Boundary Orientation

Hi, this seems a trivial thing to be able to do, but I can't either figure out an easy way to do it, or find a way documented online. I'm talking about changing the orientation that games run in, so that I'm facing away from my monitors to start play. This relates to a Rift S.

The only way I've been able to rotate the guardian is by deleting the whole guardian history then starting again from scratch while making sure I have my back to my PC monitors from the start of guardian setup.

This seems a right faff to do something so simple - for example in Steam VR you can just use advanced settings to rotate the guardian area through any angle you like.

Am I missing something?
4 REPLIES 4

Helcion
Expert Protege
I would also like to know that.

Netheri
Rising Star
In game, put your face to the direction you want to be "forward", press right controllers Oculus button and select "reset view" or what is it in english. Does this help?`At least in CV1 this is the way to make it easy.

i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Netheri said:

In game, put your face to the direction you want to be "forward", press right controllers Oculus button and select "reset view" or what is it in english. Does this help?`At least in CV1 this is the way to make it easy.

Thanks, that seems to work on the Rift S as well (at least in the games I've tried).

Netheri
Rising Star

Netheri said:

Thanks, that seems to work on the Rift S as well (at least in the games I've tried).

Nice! Beware however, if you use panel pullout from the virtual dektop to glue some windows's to the VR space that those will go "exclamation marked" after a few direction corrections. That's just because of shitty code and apparently there's no workaraound but to start making a working code for the Oculus. ::smirk:  
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2