cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the default front orientation in the new Guardian?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I've gone and messed up my Rift (CV1) Guardian system while testing Quest Link. When I plugged one of my sensors back in after using its extension cable for Quest, my Guardian flipped around the wrong way. No problem, I'll just reset it--except now it keeps setting the wrong direction as my default front, and the option to set the front of the play space was removed from the Oculus desktop app a while back.

I know I can reset my view with Dash, but I now have to do this every time I start up, which is an annoying pain in the ass. Every default menu position is behind me, and I always start facing the wall in my Oculus Home. I thought someone here mentioned an undocumented way to change the front orientation when you're setting up the Guardian, but I've been searching for it without any luck. Anyone know if there's a way to do this? I'd really like to get my Guardian back to how I've had it for the last few years.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
1 REPLY 1

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Never mind, I redid the setup a few times, and it finally let me point to front again. I guess that's still in the program for CV1 users? It wasn't asking for front when I just redid the Guardian setup, but going through the whole thing from the start let me do it, so it's all good now.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo