cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SteamVR with Rift S??

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
What's the deal here. Valve and Oculus can't be serious? I go to play some SkyrimVR and I get Vive wands that don't respond. So I tried launching SkyrimVR from inside SteamVR Home and I get OG rift controllers that don't respond.

How long do we have to wait?
6 REPLIES 6

saami81
Rising Star
Worked fine for me today with S. I launched it via sksevr_loader for mods. Sksevr was added in steam as non-steam game.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
I have to start over with mods, but ya, I would normally be loading it with sksevr. I don't think that would change anything though. It still loads through SteamVR. 

Every ( limited) Google hit I get on this tells me SteamVR doesn't actually support the Rift S yet, which is really sloppy of everyone. This isn't a beta product, it's a release one.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know about Skyrim, but I played a few Steam games and it was no problem.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Every ( limited) Google hit I get on this tells me SteamVR doesn't actually support the Rift S yet, which is really sloppy of everyone. This isn't a beta product, it's a release one.
Considering it's been years now and SteamVR STILL can't orient the rift sensors correctly (makes then look up when they are really looking down and vice versa), nothing they do surprises me.

DoomVR and Tilt brush are running fine in SteamVR on the Rift-S for me. It has old touch models in TiltBrush, but that doesn't hurt anything, it all appears to be working fine.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
well It works with Open Composite, but I got grey hands. 

PITA.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
welp...simplest thing is often the one that does it sometimes. tried beta branches of SteamVR to get the same result. Then it finally occured to me to uninstall SteamVR /reinstall it. Bingo. It sees the S as a OG Rift with OG Touch controllers, with 3 sensors but at least it works.