cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supersampling error

PedroPinto01
Level 2
Hello, im using the Oculus Debug Tool and something strange happens, i insert the value of 1.5 in the Pixel per Display Pixel Override but when i put the oculus the info i get about Pixel Density is a value of 1.35.
I´m doing something wrong ?
3 REPLIES 3

RuneSR2
Level 15
Did you measure ss in Oculus Home or in a game/app? If you did the first, then try the latter - do you get 1.5 in games?

I get ss 2.0 in games, but Oculus Home gives me about 1.8, seems Oculus Home is different from using ss in games and apps.

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

PedroPinto01
Level 2

RuneSR2 said:

Did you measure ss in Oculus Home or in a game/app? If you did the first, then try the latter - do you get 1.5 in games?

I get ss 2.0 in games, but Oculus Home gives me about 1.8, seems Oculus Home is different from using ss in games and apps.

I see it in home and games, in dirt rally 1 i always had the same value. Something changed, even inside home if i have a menu open the Pixel Density changes value.
Before i always had the value i inserted in the debug tool, both in game or in Home. 

RuneSR2
Level 15
You could try to use the Oculus Tray Tool instead and see if that changes anything. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"