cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vader immortal trilogy... Free with quest only?

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Hi
Just a quick one and am 90% sure I know the answer.
A colleague is hovering over a new HMD and is torn between quest and rift s (I have explained the hardware differences and tethered Vs standalone)

And it is still a tie. It may be the free games bundle swings it. Am I correct in saying only quest comes with Vader trilogy and that the only free rifts apps are the ones anyone can get of the oculus store? (So he will be able to get for quest as well - when running from pc

Thanks
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂
6 REPLIES 6

According to Oculus, you get the trilogy free, for any Quest purchased between November 21st and December 31st and redemption must be done within 30 days of purchase.
https://www.oculus.com/blog/get-the-complete-vader-immortal-a-vr-star-wars-series-saga-free-with-pur...

Not too bad, and the game's good enough for me not to resent having to pay for them! 😐 

Edit: No mention of Rift-S so this is a Quest-bundle only deal.

Kentobi
Heroic Explorer
Vader is a Quest exclusive game. It doesn’t run through Rift at all.

MattC2510
Explorer
With the Oculus Link, will i now be able to play Rift S games on the Quest?  I was looking at getting a Quest 128gb and Lone Echo

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Kentobi said:

Are you sure? I am almost certain this is not the case

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP

MattC2510 said:

With the Oculus Link, will i now be able to play Rift S games on the Quest?  I was looking at getting a Quest 128gb and Lone Echo

Yes, Link will allow you to play games from the Rift library, as well as SteamVR games (it basically turns your Quest into a Rift). It should also allow you to get the free Rift versions of Quest games you own that support cross-buy (like the Vader Immortal games) and play them on your PC. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

andy32hb
Protege

Kentobi said:

I have all 3 episodes on Quest and Rift S.