cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i stop the rift from not working after everytime i turn off my pc

Pixel_Box
Explorer
I have to re download and fix the oculus software every time I turn off the computer, I've tried removing the headset first and adding it back but says sensors can't be sensed or whatever, and fixing the software in apps and features is the only thing I can do atm to fix it is extremely annoying, FYI I also cut power to pc once it is turned off (not my choice) so don't know if loss of power to the rift would cause these issues also. Headset works fine had no issues originally but ever since turning my computer of im having these issues, any ideas how i can quickly reinstall instead of downloading or any other fixes like saving an instance of the working oculus software
6 REPLIES 6

Pixel_Box
Explorer
oh the issue is i get the three dots of death 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I'd recommend to directly state if you got the Rift-S or CV1, right now the OP is indirectly stating it's the CV1, although I have my doubts...

Also state the components of the rig used and the os, or such threads are an annoying waste of time. It's like writing: "Help me, my hmd is not working". 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Pixel_Box
Explorer
Ah sorry, yea it is the Oculus rift S that im having issue with, sorry didn't realize until now 🙂

Pixel_Box
Explorer
the spec is :smile:
intel i7-4770 (3.4 Ghz) ; Asus nvidia gtx 1070; 16GB corsair ddr3 1600mhz; 850 pro 250gb samsung ssd; Asus H81M-PLUS Motherboard; multiple other HDDs (oculus not installed on them); Windows 10 pro 2004; oculus rift s

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Ok, at least your rig looks fine - and you're using Win10 etc. If you're using the lastest Nvidia drivers, you could try to downgrade - but it's a long-shot. Also check that your motherboard is using the latest bios and latest motherboard drivers (especially USB drivers). Maybe try to opt into the beta (PTC) Oculus software if you haven't already. 

Might be an usb issue, but I'm just guessing (you're not the first to have issues with that motherboard: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/upgrade-advice-for-vr-gaming-oculus-rift-s.18872151/ ).

You might want to contact support:

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Or try to post on Oculus SubReddit. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Pixel_Box
Explorer
yea tried the beta update, haven't turned computer off yet but saved me from having to reinstall oculus software which is nice, so will update this tomorrow after turning computer off