cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"does not support your currently active headset" after driver update

ClassicGamerNL
Expert Protege
When I put on my Oculus Rift today I received an error that my headset had an issue. When I took it off I received the message form Oculus Home that there was a necessary driver update. After the driver update was done I tried to start Dirt Rally 2.0 and I received the error "does not support your currently active headset." A bit strange, since I recently could just start it without any issues.  Then I tried a few other games and they all end up with the same error except RaceRoom Racing Experience. Is there any solution to this problem? 
We are all just human... share your respect and show your love.
6 REPLIES 6

YoLolo69
Trustee
I have this when running Automobilista 2 through Steam. For me it could be a Steam update as it happened right after one.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

GnarlyRifter
Honored Guest
I just did a rebuild of my computer. Now I also am getting a message "does not support your currently active headset." . Has anybody found a solution to this problem. All drivers updated...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did a rebuild of my computer. Now I also am getting a message "does not support your currently active headset." . Has anybody found a solution to this problem. All drivers updated...

Where is that message coming from?

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
I think this is on the SteamVR  side because my WMR headsets has same problem. A good test would be to use OpenComposite and see if you still get the error.

YoLolo69
Trustee

dburne said:

Where is that message coming from?

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

uKER
Adventurer
Didn't it BSOD after that message? Mine did.
Repairing the Oculus drivers fixed it.