cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v18 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 6/5/2020: With the latest PTC update, we have introduced a fix for the SteamVR tracking bug on Rift that some users have reported here on the forums. Please note, however, we are aware that some Quest + Link users may experience some odd tracking behavior if they have mismatched software builds (i.e. V17 on Quest, and V18 on the desktop software). If you experience any unexpected behavior using Link while on the v18 PTC, it is recommended that you opt out of PTC to get back to v17 until the v18 software update has been rolled out to your Quest headset later this month. Thanks!

---

Oculus Link

• Improved translation accuracy on predicted-poses. This improves the visual stability of up-close content under fast head motion.
  • Fixed an issue where a gamepad could not be paired if only Quest was paired with the Oculus desktop app.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Quest from being detected by a PC event though it’s plugged into a compatible port. 
66 REPLIES 66

walterchalk
Honored Guest
i have reloaded x plane11 and updated it and windows and oculus rift but i am having no luck connected the two. i try to check the enable vr on xplane and it pauses and unchecks it ..... does anynone have a solution been doing it a while and i miss my vr rift need help bad

walterchalk
Honored Guest
the oculus works on stuff like google earth vr just not xplane11

walterchalk
Honored Guest
will oculus not help at all xpland and oculus will not together on vr whats up

RattyUK
Trustee

... (and we are a big part of the total suppose 30\40% never had any issue)

Got a citation to back this up?
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Xarstealth
Protege

RattyUK said:

what part of "suppose" didnt u get?^^ lol
i simply base on forum posts, reading at posts here and reddit theres about 5\10% of ppl who read the forum which never had issue with rift s, considering that usually ppl that dsnt have problems also dsnt write on forums and also reading many ppl say " i never had issues till now"....little less than half of customer who NEVER HAD ANY KIND OF ISSUE is a good %...if u want we can say even 50%....but also  if its 80% its still too much ppl having problems

and with problems i mean everything, even have to disconnect usb and dp at every boot because isnt working, or metallic voice from microphone or bad audio from speakers and so on

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer

RattyUK said:

what part of "suppose" didnt u get?^^ lol
i simply base on forum posts, reading at posts here and reddit theres about 5\10% of ppl who read the forum which never had issue with rift s, considering that usually ppl that dsnt have problems also dsnt write on forums and also reading many ppl say " i never had issues till now"....little less than half of customer who NEVER HAD ANY KIND OF ISSUE is a good %...if u want we can say even 50%....but also  if its 80% its still too much ppl having problems

and with problems i mean everything, even have to disconnect usb and dp at every boot because isnt working, or metallic voice from microphone or bad audio from speakers and so on

Preach! Don't worry, there's a few corporate slaves who will defend anything and everything, dismissing people who truly have issues lol. 

RattyUK
Trustee
I just was curious which orifice you dragged such numbers from... 😉
User forums in general only represent a small part of the user base, mainly the ones who have issues, in my opinion, so expressing a percentage, going solely by a few posts in a forum, is highly likely to be apocryphal :smile:
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
"Says someone is inaccurate because they had no statistics to show"
"Proceeds to claim something without any form of proof or statistics to show"
This forum is hilarious lol 

Fact of the matter is, ever since v12, there's been more post of people having problems with the software and their headsets than people saying everything is perfectly fine, that's across Rift, Rift S and sometimes Quest. 
Feel how you want to feel, but facts are facts, all you have to do is look around here, reddit and the dev center. LMAO

GamingTC2
Protege
I have the rift s since the day it came out.  In this time I have had a few problems:
1) Installing oculus software:  it got stuck while installing.  Solution: privacy settings camera and microphone. 
2) White flashes, almost everybody had them in the beginning.  Fixed by oculus.
3) Guardian reset everytime I booted.  Fixed.
When I have a problem I visited this forum.  When everything is running fine I don't visit this forum as much.  So using data of this forum for determining how many people have problems is just faulty.
Everthing is running great.  The Rift S is a very good headset.  Only fault are the speakers.

b2binspection
Honored Guest
I am very impressed with your work. keep it up