cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v18 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 6/5/2020: With the latest PTC update, we have introduced a fix for the SteamVR tracking bug on Rift that some users have reported here on the forums. Please note, however, we are aware that some Quest + Link users may experience some odd tracking behavior if they have mismatched software builds (i.e. V17 on Quest, and V18 on the desktop software). If you experience any unexpected behavior using Link while on the v18 PTC, it is recommended that you opt out of PTC to get back to v17 until the v18 software update has been rolled out to your Quest headset later this month. Thanks!

---

Oculus Link

• Improved translation accuracy on predicted-poses. This improves the visual stability of up-close content under fast head motion.
  • Fixed an issue where a gamepad could not be paired if only Quest was paired with the Oculus desktop app.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Quest from being detected by a PC event though it’s plugged into a compatible port. 
66 REPLIES 66

ADM1_Austin
Honored Guest
I'm getting major controller tracking miscalculations in SteamVR after updating to this latest PTC. The slightest controller shake is exaggerated x10, making all games using Steam unplayable. I recorded a video of what I'm talking about, but I'm not allowed to post links since this is my first forum post.

This does not happen on the live version. If this patch goes through, then I will not have access to 99% of my library.
Also, this is on CV1.

Koot
Explorer
Did you fix the small-size pinned panel z-fighting issue yet? It's been half a year now for gods sake, it hasn't worked right ever since the v12 transition.

HotxRod17
Honored Guest
Is anyone else having trouble getting the system update to work on their PC?
I have had Link for a while and always have trouble with my updates. I know to make sure operating system and drivers are up to date. Starting the update, opting out of PTC and running it there as well. it looks like its updating when I stay on the PTC because I see the version update at the bottom to 18, but when I try to do it out of the PTC after the update installs it still shows version 17 and then it doesn't recognize my Oculus. I've re tried it 20+ times now, uninstalled Oculus software and re-installed but same thing. Haven't been able to play in over a week! Like I mentioned Ive had similar issues before and they seem to fix on their own after days or multiple times trying. Im running i5-9400 @2.90 8 GB Ram and GTX 1660 version 446.14/3.19.107

FelicityC
Adventurer
My usb connection rating has dropped now from 1.6 to 1.5, after dropping from 1.9/2.0 to 1.6 from 16 to 17

pls at this rate by the time my client can drink alcohol it won't have enough bits to gig!

I had no problems installing the update and I'm on windows 1809 and nvidia driver 441.41 : p

You may want to try a full windows format/reinstall. Potentially, just go through and clean out all the registry entries you can find, simply 'uninstalling' is rarely enough to get rid of buggy parts of an install.

Also try an older nvidia driver
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey folks - With the latest PTC update, we have introduced a fix for the SteamVR tracking bug on Rift that some users have reported here on the forums. Please note, however, we are aware that some Quest + Link users may experience some odd tracking behavior if they have mismatched software builds (i.e. V17 on Quest, and V18 on the desktop software). If you experience any unexpected behavior using Link while on the v18 PTC, it is recommended that you opt out of PTC to get back to v17 until the v18 software update has been rolled out to your Quest headset later this month. Thanks!

MysticNinjaSoul
Explorer
With this latest patch I think you all finally bricked my rift-s. Nothing right now is getting it to work. I have reseated the wire, unplugged the usb and the displayport from my pc. Nothing but black screen and orange light, display will not turn on now. I am highly pissed, because you all are literally showing very little to no support for anyone that owns the cv1 or the rift-s, you are only showing support for the damn quest.

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
"we have introduced a fix for the SteamVR tracking bug on Rift that some users have reported here on the forums
Look at that, they do use the forums for feedback, woah. Glad for those who had these issues, still patiently waiting for actual Rift S love that it needs and deserves.

Zoralback
Explorer

Zoralback said:

Since this update my Touch controllers are jumping around ingame, doesn't happen on the dashboard though .

Rift S
streamable.com/h6chei
Rolling back to v17 fixes the issue

Cant post clickable links

Updated the app to 18.0.0.244.517 to test if the issue was fixed, controllers are still acting the same way
Oculus store games or steam vr ,same issue

Rolling back to v17 fixes the issue

MysticNinjaSoul
Explorer
I am getting so tired of your damn patches bricking my rift-s I am quite literally to the point of selling the thing and cutting my losses. This is absolutely ridiculous that I am having to do this much troubleshooting.

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem on my end with latest V18, everything working great so far.