cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will i be able to use the rift s with my ipd?

chris_ramlochan
Honored Guest
hi good day i'm interested in purchasing an oculus rift s and i was reading that the ipd is fixed on that headset and cannot be adjusted physically but it can be adjusted using software which as I've been reading posts online saying it does not help. My ipd is 57mm so my questions is will i be able to use the rift s and have clear vision or will i have problems like eye strain , seeing blurry when looking into the headset or one eye not aligning with the lenses ?
3 REPLIES 3

boberhot55
Honored Guest
The IPD Is 64

chris_ramlochan
Honored Guest
so am i totally out of range or will i be able to see properly?

Duffy588
Honored Guest
this is pretty late but hopefully, this helps, the IPD on the rift S is digital and adjusted through the app on your computer. its range is from 58mm too I believe 71mm, I too have an IPD of 57mm and so I always wonder about the IPD, but setting it to 58mm, I still have a pretty much crystal clear image, it's not blurry or anything give very few circumstances like playing shooting games and I'm crouched leaning basically sideways trying to aim down sights while trying to shoot, it may get slightly blurry if it's not centered. but overall no complaints really.