cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Video Cards

fmeyer777
Honored Guest
I am running Windows 8.1 and have Dual Monitors with each Monitor having its own ***Video Card ***.....
Do I just use the extra Video Card as a way for the DK2 to get its display signal from??

*** From a Dual Display Video Card *** Not Two... Sorry...lol

AMD Athlon II x4 640 Processor 3.00 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 275 PCI Express x16
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
DirectX Runtime Version 11.0
6 REPLIES 6

davidvantoor90
Honored Guest
well, it should work, but i gotta say, you seem to have a minimal system and might not even be able to rum most of the available demo's.

I for example have a SLI(so, 2) GTX 660 TI and a AMD FX8350(8 core on 4.1ghz)with 1800 mhrz memory(1600 clocked up).

But i still exeriende a lot of lag and low framerate with most demo's this due to double rendering.

Have you considered to upgrade?(see also viewtopic.php?f=53&t=9910 )

fmeyer777
Honored Guest
No problems with any of the demos regarding frame rate....And yes with my minimal system currently being used to download my demos....which I have around 80 plus....and benched all of them..... it has been pretty amazing how great they have all ran....Not sure if there will be noticeable difference when my DK2 arrives and it gets put into play. ?.. But seeing the other posts about shipping delays I am in no rush to upgrade my 3 year old machine...I have one set for build to current specs in Nov-Dec when my DK2 arrives... Then I can see where my money can be best spent.... After 25 years in the industry starting in the early clone years what's another upgrade right? After countless builds and upgrades I still enjoy the level of anticipation when I am pushed to stay current with the trending technologies.......Thanks for the info and link. !!!! 😄
Ordered: September 9 and wished I would have pulled the trigger sooner... $$$$!!!
Payment: Approved

AntDX316
Honored Guest
"fmeyer777" wrote:
I am running Windows 8.1 and have Dual Monitors with each Monitor having its own ***Video Card ***.....
Do I just use the extra Video Card as a way for the DK2 to get its display signal from??

*** From a Dual Display Video Card *** Not Two... Sorry...lol

AMD Athlon II x4 640 Processor 3.00 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 275 PCI Express x16
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
DirectX Runtime Version 11.0

you connect both to same GPU then it works

fmeyer777
Honored Guest
Thanks for the info... looking forward to the Rift delivery :shock: :!: o :geek: 😄

fmeyer777
Honored Guest
Anxious to see how inferior my system might be.... Demos ran great so will wait and see if that is true when the Rift is connected.... :ugeek:

Zer0kewl
Honored Guest
"fmeyer777" wrote:
Anxious to see how inferior my system might be.... Demos ran great so will wait and see if that is true when the Rift is connected.... :ugeek:

...Of course it's going to be totally different man. The resources needed to run stereo is so intensive. You can't judge how the demos are going to run just because you ran them on your regular 2d monitor.