cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing my games with my kids account

CmdrWaff
Honored Guest
so I ordered multiple games on my account. but I want to set up accounts for my kids so their height is correct and they can have their own interface and I want those games available to them also. how do I do that?
8 REPLIES 8

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
As far as I know you can not add games you bought on one account and then add those games to a different account. You would have to purchase them again for new accounts 

Astralite
Protege
Height is relative in VR. It doesn't matter who's wearing the headset, it'll simply assume that's how tall you are. Even if it's a sitting game or you're even sitting in a standing game, it'll basically be the same as if you were a shorter person. Without tracking of anything below your eyes besides your hands, programs don't really care what you're doing. If you bend down, it's simply just setting the height of where the headset is. (I've lied on the couch with my headset looking up using a BigScreen watching Netflix...as far as the program is concerned, I'm 2ft tall and looking up....it doesn't know the difference)

In other words, your kids can play on your account and it'll simply adjust as if you were bending down or sitting.

Might not solve your problem, just saying....

cero490
Heroic Explorer
As @Astralite explained, height is really relative in regards to VR for these reasons. As for your games on more than one account - no, that isn't offered, sorry about that! If using more than just your account, you would then need to purchase each individual title all over again for them to have access on these seperate profiles, however, there is really no reason or even hindrance in having your children just share yours. You would not need to buy everything twice, or more, over and deal with all the extra possible downloads, updates and sign-in's and off's that would have gone with that.
Worse case scenario: the view is off a bit. The fix? Reset the view! lmao
Hope this helps! :smile:

go_djglass
Explorer
Steam seems to be the only company getting this right (apart from the native OS). Multiple people using one computer should not share a common account for security/privacy reasons and for parental control reasons in the OP's case above. I'm not telling anyone else my password and neither should you. So why would I purchase a game multiple times so that people using one installation but with different accounts can play? The software is in use by only one person at a time (steam enforces that with shared libraries even with multiple computers involved). Consoles don't make you purchase the software multiple times but you have separate accounts (PS4 is my experience here anyway). Even simply so the different people can track their own high scores and acheivements you need separate accounts. So why hasn't Oculus/Facebook worked this out? It is even in the facebook T's&C;s that you don't share accounts!

MuffinSlaveTrad
Explorer
Agreed, this is stupid.

Bizarrely i can share games with my son bought through the steam store.

So I'm having to refund space pirate trainer, and will purchase it again through Steam so we can both have it in our oculus libraries...

Seems a bit short sighted of oculus and rather than forcing everyone to buy extra copies its going to result in people buying no copies, and instead buying through Steam where they can.

MuffinSlaveTrad
Explorer
Yep have just refunded Space pirate trainer through oculus and repurchased through Steam, we can now install it in  my library as well as my dads library.

Prettty stupid way to have to do it, me and my dad will both buy games for the oculus through the steam store as its not worth paying for games twice through oculus...

Kashluvi
Honored Guest
Super happy this Christmas to get 2 Oculus Go, immediately talking about the games we were going to play together only to later find out we had to buy multi-player games twice if we want to play together. Needless to say that was a real mood breaker. It is very disappointing that a game purchased in the same household cannot be played by two simultaneously. We decided to buy a PSVR after Christmas to cheer us up again. The focus is now on the PSVR and the two Oculus Go are not looking so hot anymore. Very disappointing that a company that prides itself on social interactions did not make it possible for people living under one roof to play a game together at home without having to buy that game twice. At the very least that fact should be made very clear and in big font, before a device purchase takes place. Until that gets fixed I will definitely warn other people of that serious gotcha... Emotionally took us from a high high to a low low, not the kind of feeling one would expect when spending a bunch of money on two devices like that.

Maxxgold
Rising Star
They are looking at adding in family sharing at some point.  All of this is brand new, so it takes time for all of the changes to take place. Hopefully they will announce something this year. 

As far as your listing the PSVR as a solution, I’m pretty sure you have to pay for Playstaion+ to enable family sharing, and your family can play multiplayer on that PS4, so you would still need to buy another PS4, and that family member would have to have PlayStation+ too. So, that might not be the best example. 

To simply play multiplayer on your Go, all you had to do was buy another copy of the game.