cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any history buffs here?

saviornt
Protege
What was the typical size / dimensions / floor plans for an indoor store in the middle ages, with a customer area and an employee area? Inquiring minds wish to know.
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG
6 REPLIES 6

opamp
Protege
Im afraid I havent got a clue but maybe some of the Time Team episodes will help you with your research.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=time+team&num=20&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ei=h77-VPXSNtXVari6gfgO&...
DK2. Phenom 2 x4 4.2GHz,Asrock Extreme 3 970,8GB DDR3 1600, R9 270x 1180/1400.

saviornt
Protege
I'll take a look at those videos, thanks!
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

saviornt
Protege
Contacted the Archeology institute today, and they had no idea.. I find that, well, odd to say the least :roll:

maxhighside
Honored Guest
Not sure they had stores in the middle ages.

saviornt
Protege
They did, to an extent. It wasn't like today's stores! From the illustrations from the era, they usually consisted of 1 room, maybe 2 rooms. I'll probably just wing it, not like it has to be exact as this isn't for a museum or anything.. although I like to be as accurate as possible given the circumstances.

maxhighside
Honored Guest
You could look at middle eastern bazzars for individual size I don't they have changed much since the middle ages anyway.

Or failing that a local outdoor or indoor market should give you a good idea????