cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any history buffs here?

saviornt
Level 4
What was the typical size / dimensions / floor plans for an indoor store in the middle ages, with a customer area and an employee area? Inquiring minds wish to know.
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG
6 REPLIES 6

opamp
Level 3
Im afraid I havent got a clue but maybe some of the Time Team episodes will help you with your research.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=time+team&num=20&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ei=h77-VPXSNtXVari6gfgO&...
DK2. Phenom 2 x4 4.2GHz,Asrock Extreme 3 970,8GB DDR3 1600, R9 270x 1180/1400.

saviornt
Level 4
I'll take a look at those videos, thanks!
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

saviornt
Level 4
Contacted the Archeology institute today, and they had no idea.. I find that, well, odd to say the least :roll:

maxhighside
Level 2
Not sure they had stores in the middle ages.

saviornt
Level 4
They did, to an extent. It wasn't like today's stores! From the illustrations from the era, they usually consisted of 1 room, maybe 2 rooms. I'll probably just wing it, not like it has to be exact as this isn't for a museum or anything.. although I like to be as accurate as possible given the circumstances.

maxhighside
Level 2
You could look at middle eastern bazzars for individual size I don't they have changed much since the middle ages anyway.

Or failing that a local outdoor or indoor market should give you a good idea????