cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring Oculus Rift to Brazilian Universitys

andre250
Honored Guest
Hello all, i'm a representant of Technologies Directory of a well-know university in Brazil called Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie.

We really want to bring an Oculus Rift's representant to show Oculus Rift technologies to our students.

I want to know if someone can help me to get the right contacts to make this happen.

Any doubts mail me at

eventos@datem.org.br
2 REPLIES 2

sjblake83
Honored Guest
Hey Andre, I did an intercâmbio to the Universidade Federal De Santa Catarina last year, and it was probably the best experience of my life. I'd love to help get the Oculus Rift into Brasil's schools if I can.

I don't have a complete answer to your question, but I have never heard of any official Oculus Rift representatives travelling to other countries for any reason other than for technology expositions. I think your best option may be for you or your technology department to purchase an Oculus Rift, and have yourself or a staff member learn how to give demonstrations with it. I can't imagine what the import taxes would be for a ~$BR 800 device, but it might be a necessary expense.

I wish I could help out more, but maybe others will have more information for you.
Edit: Eu posso tentar a traduzir ou explicar coisas em português ou pra inglês se você vai precisar, mas meu português é bem ruim haha.

Boa sorte!

andre250
Honored Guest
The rift do not give any support for academic purposes? Thank you for your consideration!