cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decent Article On Star Citizen From Forbes

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2019/05/01/exclusive-the-saga-of-star-citizen-a-video-game-th...

I waved goodbye to the 30 odd quid I played for the thing years ago. Chris Roberts has done pretty much the same thing with Star Citizen that he did previously with Freelancer - poor project management and biting off more than he and his developers can chew.

The development of Elite Dangerous has made MUCH more sense. Start off with a basic amount of ships and a base game, release a full playable RC version and gradually update and add features to it.

Roberts hasn't even completed ONE star system ffs  😄
15 REPLIES 15

vannagirl
Consultant
Have received death threats twice now from star citizens.

They are dedicated backers 😐
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Some of those backers spent serious ammounts of cash.
Not me though I saw it for what it was.
Thank god their office has a working starship door.
WAAAGH!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I purchased this years ago for £100 I think it was. I'm still waiting to play the full game but that article does't make for good reading.

saami81
Rising Star
I remember playing Wing commander as teenager and it was awesome game.
I would like to play similar space opera- game in VR.

Anonymous
Not applicable

vannagirl said:

Have received death threats twice now from star citizens.

They are dedicated backers 😐

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are.  B) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

saami81 said:

Elite Dangerous is going to be the closest you're going to get. For my money it's the best VR game available right now.

They did mention plans of adding VR to Star Citizen at one point but we'll all probably die from old age before we even see the game being finished let alone VR goodness. 😞

RedRizla said:

I purchased this years ago for £100 I think it was. I'm still waiting to play the full game but that article does't make for good reading.

Yup, I can't see this ever going into Beta let alone being an RC. Glad I didn't spend a hundred quid on it though 😮

saami81
Rising Star

snowdog said:

saami81 said:

Elite Dangerous is going to be the closest you're going to get. For my money it's the best VR game available right now.

They did mention plans of adding VR to Star Citizen at one point but we'll all probably die from old age before we even see the game being finished let alone VR goodness. 😞

RedRizla said:

Yup, I can't see this ever going into Beta let alone being an RC. Glad I didn't spend a hundred quid on it though 😮

ED is awsome game and i ahve played/playing it a lot, but i still hope someone would do game closer to Wing commander in VR. Imo ED is more like sandbox than space opera.

edmg
Trustee
I still remember, as a much younger man, seeing the original trailer and thinking how cool it looked. Now I wonder if I'll live long enough to see the actual game.

Anonymous
Not applicable

edmg said:

I still remember, as a much younger man, seeing the original trailer and thinking how cool it looked. Now I wonder if I'll live long enough to see the actual game.

I don't think it's ever going to come out of Alpha tbh. At some point people are going to stop throwing good money after bad and the funding will eventually dry up. I'm surprised that people are STILL buying ships today tbh. Even the most stanch Star Citizen fans will lose patience eventually.