cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a space x contact

KBK
Protege
Hi folks.

I'm wondering if any of you have a space x contact.

I don't do resume's, as I'm a bit of a 'space oddity'.

Folks of that nature, ie, high IQ autodidacts who've successfully beat all engineering challenges they've ever met or looked at, that sort don't do resumes and don't function in regimented worlds... like jobs, resumes, salaries, working hours, and so on.

To be clear, I've never failed in any single given engineering design challenge I've ever taken on. Ever. Up to and including, fundamental physics.

I have a landing solution for space x, that is more than likely superior to all else they've tried or considered. Something that is repeatable and largely failure proof.

Like all such companies, to keep the cranks out, the front door at Space X is, for lack of a better term..'locked'.

The problem is, that when they make it difficult to contact them, they also lock out the folks like me. They loose the wheat they look for, when they fight so hard to lock out the chaff.

I'm not interested in jobs, I'm interested in giving them a hand, and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for any help you may provide.
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?
38 REPLIES 38

VirtualPug
Honored Guest
I'd be very interested to see some proof of your capabilities. Not saying you should tell me the secrets, I'm just curious to see what you can do instead of discussing propaganda.

If you really want to get in contact with Space X people, find out who they are and where they live and pay them a visit (serious). Don't forget to bring some of your work so you don't seem like a nutbar 😉

Strykr
Honored Guest
What in gods name is happening in this thread....???
i7 5280k @ 3.3 GHZ | Asus X99 PRO | Crucial Vengeance 16GB DDR4 | GTX 980 | Steelseries Rival| 144 hz BenQ XL2411Z | 8.5 inches...

MrsVR
Honored Guest
"Strykr" wrote:
What in gods name is happening in this thread....???

Radical innovations in science of course. Nobel prize winning papers in the making.
Rendering/Game engineer

VizionVR
Rising Star
My kitty's breath smells like cat food!
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

MrsVR
Honored Guest
Maybe we're underestimating OP. He could be a level 2 super genius like this guy:

Rendering/Game engineer

Ashles
Protege
I recommend his book.

The Future Capitalist by Roy Philipose

It's absolutely amazing(ly hilarious).

My favourite quote so far:
I went to catholic school, got taught by some nuns, they were nice, but they weren't investors.

Oh this bit is great too:
Funny my last interview with them (Citizens Bank), on Feb 22, 2006, in a store branch, seemed to go well. Well, for the most part, during the interview I was silent, they asked me typical "employee level questions". What can I say? I am thinking way beyond them, and they probably knew I wouldn't be a good fit there. They are right and wrong. True, most likely I wouldn't be the best "in store branch sale associate", but in about twelve months, i could lead the entire banking sector in store volume as regional president of Citizens Bank.

It's so odd how people like Roy can't seem to get a job because they're just too damn fantastic to get entry level jobs (obviously they should be going straight in as Board members or Regional Presidents). So conveniently they are never in any actual position where they might be required to display their supposedly fantastic knowledge in an actual professional environment surrounded by people who actually know the business.

Postscript: Apparently now he wants to be a hiphop artist.
"Into every life a little fantasy must fall..."

VizionVR
Rising Star
MrsVR what happened to the embedded thing? I'm not seeing anything.

"Ashles" wrote:
I recommend his book.

I know a guy sort of like this, except he left his wife and children for a career in "art". Nice enough chap, also smart, charming and over qualified for life, but lives eternally with his head in the clouds and constantly insists that's where it belongs. He's living in his friend's garage until his art career takes off. Any day now...any day now. He's pushing 50 years old.
I've been a voice of reason for well over two decades. Personally offered him employment opportunities on nearly every level of his presumed expertise. He wont accept those. Money he'll accept, but doing work for money is beneath him. Oh well, he's happily miserable and I now support his choice because I enjoy watching train wrecks, apparently. My friend has written three books so far, though I haven't been allowed to read a single unpublished page. An unread book is as valuable as a hypothetical diamond.

Ashles
Protege
I also know people like that.
It's sad. It's like they feel they 'deserve' something better and it's not their fault, it's the fault of others who can't see their genius.
But I also think there is a degree of fear - they know deep down that they can't really deliver any of the nonsense they are claiming so it's much easier to stay in the limbo of not really doing anything. You can't fail if you never really try and never expose yourself to a situation where your claims might be tested.

Roy is a classic example - he has a YouTube channel where he expounds on all his intellectual, business and career wisdom (from a towel-draped chair in his bedsit).

Here's one video in which he talks vaguely about the 10 different divisions of his company 'Royalus'. He isn't entirely clear what these divisions are, or what the company does, or whether it has ever actually traded, but he is at least on the lookout to hire interns (and has been apparently for about a year).
He can't actually pay these interns in, you know, money, but he can offer them experience and possibly Royalus shares in the future which he is certain will be worth far more than mere money.

He also talks of another interview he failed in which doesn't bother him because he knows he could have run the company anyway.

NB - it's worth watching at approx 26:07 where in the middle of a lengthy ramble about how you should go out and get a job instead of staying at home all day, it seems someone knocks on the door requiring a hasty cut and then Roy needs to finish up the video session.
(You will hear a lot about A, B, C and D jobs - B, C and D jobs are considered by Roy as undesirable except for all the times when he says you should go and get one of them. it's most confusing.)
"Into every life a little fantasy must fall..."

VizionVR
Rising Star
Weird, I'm not seeing any video or even links to video.
I'm at work now. When I get home I'll definitely check this guy out.

Okay, I tried to watch that video, I really did, but by the five minute mark my eyes were glazed over. I can't help but wonder what his wife does for a living? Suicide hotline, perhaps? Definitely something in psychological studies.

MrsVR
Honored Guest
Ashles do you own that book? That's hilarious! I want to read it but I don't want him to think that his book is actually worth buying.

I really can't stand people like this. I have met so many people who need others to see them as all-knowing geniuses worthy of awe and admiration. Classic first year engineering students who try to impress the others by throwing out words, terms, and ideas, and everyone thinks he must be so smart for even knowing those words. Then he fails calc 1 and is never seen again, but is probably still trying to convince himself that he's a super genius and university is just a sham anyway.
Sadly some manage to graduate and you have to deal with them in your adult life as well.
Rendering/Game engineer