cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a space x contact

KBK
Protege
Hi folks.

I'm wondering if any of you have a space x contact.

I don't do resume's, as I'm a bit of a 'space oddity'.

Folks of that nature, ie, high IQ autodidacts who've successfully beat all engineering challenges they've ever met or looked at, that sort don't do resumes and don't function in regimented worlds... like jobs, resumes, salaries, working hours, and so on.

To be clear, I've never failed in any single given engineering design challenge I've ever taken on. Ever. Up to and including, fundamental physics.

I have a landing solution for space x, that is more than likely superior to all else they've tried or considered. Something that is repeatable and largely failure proof.

Like all such companies, to keep the cranks out, the front door at Space X is, for lack of a better term..'locked'.

The problem is, that when they make it difficult to contact them, they also lock out the folks like me. They loose the wheat they look for, when they fight so hard to lock out the chaff.

I'm not interested in jobs, I'm interested in giving them a hand, and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for any help you may provide.
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?
38 REPLIES 38

Ashles
Protege
You can read the first chunk (don't know how many pages as I don't think Roy has worked out that feature of Word) of his book by clicking on 'Look inside'.

The Future Capitalist

His videos are an amazing display of someone who has an excuse for every position.
Can't get a low level job? it's because your mind is too busy thinking about 'the bigger picture'.
Can't get the high level job? It's because you didn't finish college. And you'll set up your own company which will be bigger.
Didn't finish college? College can't teach you anything anyway and getting a degree doesn't help you at all.
etc.
(Roy is very conflicted about college and talks about it a lot - he dropped out of college and spends much of his time explaining how college doesn't help you, but then describes how many jobs he's failed to get because he doesn't have a college degree and that you should probably get one)

Classic first year engineering students who try to impress the others by throwing out words, terms, and ideas, and everyone thinks he must be so smart for even knowing those words.

Roy does exactly this - repeatedly chucks out financial terms, but without any context or structure so it's clear he doesn't really have the first clue about anything. But by jumping randomly from subject to subject he can maintain his delusion he's really smart with the added benefit of pretending he has a mercurial mind that is just sooo active (whereas really he knows he can't talk about anything in detail because his lack of knowledge would become apparent).

This is why people like Roy never end up getting jobs in the fields in which they are supposedly 'experts' - because a) they can't and b) if they did they know their lack of knowledge would be found out within their first day.
"Into every life a little fantasy must fall..."

Ashles
Protege
"vizionvr" wrote:
My friend has written three books so far, though I haven't been allowed to read a single unpublished page. An unread book is as valuable as a hypothetical diamond.

That's the perfect activity for these guys. An unpublished book is like all those jobs they didn't get. It exists in a beautiful perfect state of infinite possibility.
In their head it might be the best book ever - and that dream can't be shattered if no-one ever gets to read it.

So their lives, their careers, their 'companies', their books... all remain in limbo.
They can weave the fantasy of their amazing future into whatever the want and they become so invested in the fantasy existence which they feel they deserve that they can talk about it for hours.
But they can't actually DO anything towards these goals as they know that's when all the fantasy falls apart, turning to dust like a vampire exposed to the sun.

And a huge part of the problem is they often seem obsessed with what other people think of them. After talking about their 'plans' for so long, failure in the eyes of others has become unthinkable.
Which is sad really, as actually doing something (even if they fail at it) would actually be more impressive to others than the tragic figure they have become.
They don't realise that everyone else long saw through their fantasies and all everyone now sees is someone living in a bedsit fantasising about being the CEO of a major company.

VizionVR
Rising Star
Too true Ashles,
Fear is definitely the primary hurdle here. I should know, I faced it myself a few years ago when I wrote my first book. I too had no college education and the extent of my writing knowledge comes from 12 years of public school, life lessons, and 12 more years of serious, hard core research during my "spare time". I was petrified to offer up my drafts, especially to the subject of the book, my childhood hero and fantasy art god, Frank Frazetta.

Fortunately, the hard work spoke for itself and, long story short, I was working with Frank, his family, and a noted publisher who came to me after learning of the project through the Frazettas. The rest is history, the hurdle is jumped, the book went international and was the largest seller for that publisher to date of publication. Strangely enough, I was told by a college professor that, because the book is a work of reference, it can be submitted as a doctorate's thesis, though I'm not entirely sure how true this is. I never pursued it. Out of fear?

The fear of success never goes away, at least for me. Confidence can cover up fear, but even after "success" fear never seems to go away. This is probably why I attempted to help my friend over his hurdles but then stopped trying. I knew it was possible, but I also know that it's a hurdle that never truly goes away, and it's more difficult to jump for some more than others.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Ashles
Protege
"vizionvr" wrote:
Fortunately, the hard work spoke for itself and, long story short, I was working with Frank, his family, and a noted publisher who came to me after learning of the project through the Frazettas. The rest is history, the hurdle is jumped, the book went international and was the largest seller for that publisher to date of publication.

That's awesome! I love Frank Frazetta's work (yes big fantasy fan from way back). Great work on getting published internationally (Or getting published at all - these days it's a heck of a feat to to get a publisher's attention).

Everyone creating or doing something new (artistic, business, scientific etc) feels that fear, the fear of rejection, criticism, failure... But those who succeed are the ones who overcome that.
And it takes hard work, effort, willpower, making mistakes, all the tough stuff.
Not some magic shortcut that the Roys of this world fantasise might exist.

I find it interesting on these forums (and also on scriptwriting and other writing forums) when someone announces a great idea and offers others to have it - as though having the idea was the hard bit.
And like experienced developers and writers have all this spare time and ability to create characters, plot, dialogue, models, environments, code... but they are all sitting around desperate for some idea to start the ball rolling.

Ideas are cheap. Bringing an idea to reality... that's the tough part.

rphilipose
Honored Guest
I don't need anyone to talk lies about me. You dumb terrorist morons. You stupid fu***.

Come directly to Philly if you want to talk about me, you POS.

- Roy Philipose

http://royphiliposeblog.blogspot.com/20 ... -lies.html

Jose
Heroic Explorer
ROFL. This is why you don't talk shit about people on the internet. Everything gets indexed and they might find you.

Well, Dr. P. I hope it's actually you and not some random guy who decided to pose as you.

If it is you, you should stick around, since there are a lot of interesting technological developments happening around this VR space. Perhaps you can continue your videos in 360 degree format.

It would be interesting if you mentioned Oculus and virtual reality in your upcoming rap music.

Peace

Jose

rphilipose
Honored Guest
I haven't talk shit about anyone on the Internet, with the exception of correcting lies and assumptions.

You terrorists want to continue to talk about me? Come to Philadelphia, POS.

What are your real names and locations? So I can report all of you to HomeLand Security. Keep your mouth shut and remove the posts about me.

- Roy "Dr. P" Philipose

Ashles
Protege
"rphilipose" wrote:
I haven't talk shit about anyone on the Internet, with the exception of correcting lies and assumptions.

You terrorists want to continue to talk about me? Come to Philadelphia, POS.

What are your real names and locations? So I can report all of you to HomeLand Security. Keep your mouth shut and remove the posts about me.

- Roy "Dr. P" Philipose

I am going to assume this is a troll trying to make Roy Philipose look even worse.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, but this thread is not productive and not relevant to VR. I also do not like to see anyone being bullied, even if it was only a joke. Please try to be more respectful in the future. Closing out.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV