cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
169 REPLIES 169

TwoHedWlf
Level 11
How do i report posts as political spam to deleted?

christopherbarn
Level 5
Yes as Palmer is spending millions to spread lies and disinformation, let's censor any mention of it on his companies site. Makes sense...

Zandil
Level 8
Not from the US and don't live there, so don't give a crap about US politics.  But reading that and I can't find any evidence that any of it is true, other then 'The Daily Beast' saying it's true ?

Dreamwriter
Level 8

Yes as Palmer is spending millions to spread lies and disinformation, let's censor any mention of it on his companies site. Makes sense...

If you would read the actual article you quoted, the organization has less than $10,000. That's not "millions".

Zandil
Level 8

If you would read the actual article you quoted, the organization has less than $10,000. That's not "millions".

Come on now, don't let a couple of zeros ruin a good story. 

True or not who knows and time will tell i guess ? But what I find odd is Palmer has been in Media blackout for sometime, with only a few high end interviews etc which seem to be ones that have passed through PR first ( just my opinion ) Yet he speaks to The Daily beast about this, something which him of all people knew would cause dramas for him and Oculus, just seems odd. 

christopherbarn
Level 5
"No one within the group answered how much money the group currently has on hand. And without an official accounting with the Federal Election Commission, there’s no way for the public to know."

CrashFu
Level 12

Zandil said:

Not from the US and don't live there, so don't give a crap about US politics.  But reading that and I can't find any evidence that any of it is true, other then 'The Daily Beast' saying it's true ?

Yeah, I hope this is the case, but I don't know what to believe..

On one hand, like you said, it's just the writer of this article claiming that Palmer confessed these things to them, with no proof to back it up.  And there are people out there who just love making up tabloid-grade scandals to scare Oculus customers away, and what better way to make Oculus lose customers than claim its founder is secretly supporting white supremacists?

On the other hand, Palmer IS a homeschooled white boy, and now a very rich man, who really likes memes and anime girls, and is affiliated with "the PC Master Race", sooo  I can't say I'd be 100% surprised if this turned out to be true?

But even if it is, there's more to Oculus than just its founder.  As long as the company itself stands for good things and doesn't endorse this bullshit, it's not going to change my opinion of anything except Palmer himself.

It's like, when it came out that the guy who created that cartoon network show "Clarence" was sexually assaulting his coworkers, but they fired him and let the rest of the studio continue making the show, and fans continued watching it, because nobody else involved with it had done anything wrong.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

TC1999
Level 5
What really scares me is putting on my rift and seeing the following " here is a party political broadcast from the following party - mandatory viewing " nnooooo

Trump or Clinton in full 3d viewing starng you in the face and pointing is without dought something to give me nightmares for a very long time.

Hiro_Protag0nist
Level 13
Not from America - is The Daily Beast like The Times?