cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music to VR to (2016 Music Thread)

Jose
Heroic Explorer
Discussion Title updated on 5/13/2016

Post good music to VR to. Anything that you consider good.

Enjoy the music that others have posted.

(Thread subject updated on 2/26/16)

2016 Music Thread

Post good music in this thread. "Good music" is whatever you define it as. No restrictions on genre, music type, or popularity. If it's good music, we want to hear it. Direct embeds preferred.

"Original Post" wrote:
Looking for new music recommendations.
I like chill, electronic, somewhat glitchy music. Can anyone make any recommendations? Thank you.
20 REPLIES 20

DoctorScientist
Protege
I'm gonna guess you have listened to the obvious stuff like aphex twin or squarepusher etc

less glitchy / not glitchy
Arpanet
Big gigantic

more glitchy / chill / minmal
Cheju
edIT
Smiletron

Probably the best glitchy chill track I have:
Sound Tribe Sector 9
"Heh heh heh… What seems to be the ruckus? Ooh, my! Your face. The face of the curse ... You'll go hollow!" -Strowen

cybereality
Grand Champion
I love this thread!

Here are some of my picks:

the range

enabl.ed

bodhi glitch

d-fried

tipper

bek

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DoctorScientist
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:
I love this thread!

Here are some of my picks:
Welp, Time to download several discographies! Good ones. Tipper is of course amazing. Shatter box.
"Heh heh heh… What seems to be the ruckus? Ooh, my! Your face. The face of the curse ... You'll go hollow!" -Strowen

Jose
Heroic Explorer
Thanks Doctor and Cyber. Those are excellent recommendations.

Here are my recommendations:

Channels:

"cliqhop idm" on Soma FM
http://somafm.com/cliqhop/

"xKito Music"
https://www.youtube.com/user/nyuualiaslucy

Is anyone reading this good with producing music or SFX? I used to play around with Propellerhead Reason and Ableton Live, and I'm thinking about getting back into it to create music for my VR projects. Any recommendations for VST plugins for glitch and noise effects, or soundscape generators?

I'm still open to more music recommendations. Can never have too much good music.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome!

Synkro sounds cool.

Yeah, used to mess with Reason back in the day. Haven't tried to make a track in a while, but I do think about it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

obzen
Expert Protege
I'm sure you already know the mainstream stuff. Boards Of Canada, Biosphere, hell even Jarre (one of his very few track I can suffer). Anyways, can't hurt.

Bonobo, Cinematic Orchestra... This is veering more towards stuff like Massive Attack, rather than pure electro.
DK1 FREAK...

Jose
Heroic Explorer
I don't mind recommendations for mainstream stuff, or underground, or even random bedroom musicians. Good music is good music!

And Youtube links are cool. I'm building a youtube playlist for myself so I can stream it while I drive.

Thank you obzen.

obzen
Expert Protege
I'll just... keep posting.

DK1 FREAK...

Jose
Heroic Explorer
Thank you sir obzen. I may have to start exploring Nine Inch Nails again, since the last music of his I listened to was from Ghosts I–IV.