cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Windows 11 Performance. can never hit maximum FPS with link cable.

Gifted83
Level 4

I decided to give windows 11 a go and everything on my PC is working flawlessly apart from one big one... Oculus Link performance. Before I go back to windows 10 I wonder if anyone has figured this out already.

Oculus software works fine and the Quest 2 link connects, but it can never hit the required fps settings no matter what they are. So if I have link set to 90hz, then in game it will be about 82-85fps and stuttering, it never hits 90fps even though the game says its locked at 90 on my monitors no problem, and I have loads of headroom in performance monitor (I have a 5900x and RTX 3090!) - If i use the 120hz option then i will get about 105fps but never 120. Even if i choose 72hz ill get about 65fps. super annoying.

I went onto the beta channel on the software and got the latest updates but still no luck.

I dont mind going back to windows 10 and i get windows 11 might not be ready yet, but literally EVERYTHING else on my pc works fine, only the vr performance, so its a shame. Any ideas of things to try before I reinstall windows 10?

453 REPLIES 453

It was deleted because it was most likely a virus.

I read the source code and I assure you, it was not a virus.

RA00125
Level 3

This code is integrated into FpsVR 1.23v
And placed in a separate file for general convenience for those who do not use FpsVR

It's not a virus! Read for yourself on the Steamcommunity: 

In the, same place, be sure to read 'Discuss'

And this is for those who have  11th and 12th generation processors. Games on Unreal Engine 4 - crash (do not start). I have already made this variable for myself and now everything is OK!  For CPU 11 and 12 

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! I wanted to share that with build v41 which is starting to roll out there are some performance and stability improvements for using Link and Air Link with Windows 11 systems which should make the console window workaround no longer required. We're testing out some Windows 11 improvements, so please do report any bugs or issues you have so that the team can investigate them for the future.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.