cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus development package looking for new home…

JustinD
Honored Guest
Hope this subforum is OK for this!

After tons of messing around with my awesome Oculus devkit, I am in a position where I can't dedicate as much time to it as I wanted. As such, I have a great little Oculus development package that I hope to find a new home for, with someone who can get much better use out of it that I can at the moment!

It consists of:

– Full Oculus devkit, first version (1280x720), full package (headset, case, lenses, everything it shipped with)
– MSI GT60 Windows 8 laptop, 15.6" LCD, Intel i7 @ 2.4GHz, NVIDIA GTX770M, 8GB RAM, 1TB HD
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CU9GKZ8)

The MSI is a gaming laptop that runs everything I throw at it with aplomb – from the Tuscany demo to Dishonored via Perception drivers. It's a great machine that doesn't break a sweat.

Happy to ship anywhere in the US; I'm in New York City if you'd like to pick up though. It would be great to get $1100 for the whole shebang, however I'm happy to entertain other offers.

Please get in touch with any questions!
8 REPLIES 8

Frito
Explorer
Wow nice deal!

Good luck with that!
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey

KydDynoMyte
Honored Guest
It'd be great to get over $600 less than the going rate for these items in used condition? Are they scratched up? banged up? stickyed up?

JustinD
Honored Guest
Hi there!

I can tell you right now that both the Oculus and the MSI laptop are in completely pristine condition. In fact, the MSI laptop was only purchased about two months ago – I have it packed in its original packaging, factory fresh. I hate (hate hate) getting my gadgetry grimy or dirty, kind of OCD about it actually!

Full disclosure: I did remove two of the very poorly placed manufacturer decals from the wrist rest area on the MSI. You know, the "Intel Inside"-style ones. Pulled the MSI one and I think the Steelcase (keyboard maker) one, but made sure to do it cleanly and left no residue (which of course would have driven me batty).

Additional questions, please let me know!

JustinD
Honored Guest
Hello folks,

I found a buyer for the laptop that was originally in this package.

This leaves me with the awesome, super-nice Oculus Devkit available for anyone that is interested.

Looking for $200. If you are interested, please get in touch!

Jrockin
Honored Guest
Damn this is a good deal! Only $200 AND skip the waiting list? Whoever becomes the buyer should tip this generous man!

teknospawn
Honored Guest
Hey justinD I live in NYC if you're still selling that kit 😃 email me at teknospawn100@yahoo.com

Coldblackice
Honored Guest
"JustinD" wrote:
Hope this subforum is OK for this!

After tons of messing around with my awesome Oculus devkit, I am in a position where I can't dedicate as much time to it as I wanted. As such, I have a great little Oculus development package that I hope to find a new home for, with someone who can get much better use out of it that I can at the moment!

It consists of:

– Full Oculus devkit, first version (1280x720), full package (headset, case, lenses, everything it shipped with)
– MSI GT60 Windows 8 laptop, 15.6" LCD, Intel i7 @ 2.4GHz, NVIDIA GTX770M, 8GB RAM, 1TB HD
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CU9GKZ8)

The MSI is a gaming laptop that runs everything I throw at it with aplomb – from the Tuscany demo to Dishonored via Perception drivers. It's a great machine that doesn't break a sweat.

Happy to ship anywhere in the US; I'm in New York City if you'd like to pick up though. It would be great to get $1100 for the whole shebang, however I'm happy to entertain other offers.

Please get in touch with any questions!

Any chance this is still available? We're desperate! 😕

JAAdventurer
Honored Guest
Unfortunately, the kit has already found a new home. Mine. 😄