cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On a post, I don't like the fact I know in advance who clicked "Like" before I click myself on Like

YoLolo69
Trustee
...and the same goes for "Awesome" but I chose "Like" in title because "Awesome" is longer and I will had reach max title characters as I wasn't even able to put quotes around the last Like in title. I realize typing this I could have chose "Lol" which is shorter and that will have allowed to put quotes everywhere but the rhythm of the sentence will not have been the same and saying "I don't lol the fact blah blah blah" sound weird... no?

No, seriously, I sometimes don't click even if I wanted just because I realize before clicking some persons already clicked when my mouse hoover the field and I see those usernames, and they will feel like I follow them point of view, just because I have the same point of view...

I would like to be able to make my choice, click, and then if I'm curious to know who clicked before, been able to see it (to realize or confirm after than I have the same point of view than some persons). People will think : "Ah, he didn't know I also clicked before he clicked" so I'll feel better.

Technically speaking (I'm a high and low level expert engineer), that could be achieve if clickable zones are slightly different. E.g. you can see who clicked before just if you gaze or click on the number which should be moved to the right and not on the middle like right now between the smile icon and the test, so we will have 2 clickable zones, icon + text and the number if any. I said moved to the right to avoid a possible confusion if it's moved to the left with "Quote" because we don't really care to learn from here how many users quoted the post... no?

No, seriously.

In other words, ":) Like 2" instead of ":) 2 Like", no?

Sorry, just wanted to see how it was to post in the off-topic part of the forum (pretty similar in fact to other parts)...

Note to myself : change the "of-topic" string if post are moved to match the new website part (e.g. "Support" or "Trash can", etc.).

Edit : Please don't click on "Like", "Awesome" or worst "Lol" on this post as I really will have the feeling your laughing about me... seriously.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

2 REPLIES 2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Hell yeah.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

YoLolo69 said:

Edit : Please don't click on "Like", "Awesome" or worst "Lol" on this post as I really will have the feeling your laughing about me... seriously.

I clicked lol.  I'm totally not laughing about you.  I'm laughing at you. 🙂

I'd have liked this post, but it's too mainstream now. hehe