cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

584 REPLIES 584

Looiska
Honored Guest

Your list includes movies from a variety of genres and eras. From science fiction classics like Star Wars and Logan's Run to dark comedies like Brazil and The Meaning of Life, you clearly appreciate movies. And, of course, Monty Python movies are comedy classics. And better than movies there are only live girls click here to visit url to enjoy real beauty and companionship. If you like movies with unexpected twists, you might enjoy more modern films in this vein, such as The Sixth Sense, Fight Club, The Usual Suspects, or Inception. These movies are known for their unexpected and mind-boggling plot twists.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

With an 85" 120 Hz TV I'm not that happy for streaming - so I still buy the 4K discs for optimal quality and the uncompressed Atmos sound. Just got these, some from the bargain bin, some not 🙂 

20240108_180210.jpg

I was not much impressed with Oppenheimer, it was way too long and slightly boring - didn't even get to see the nukes exploding over Japan etc. I'd rate that movie 6.5/10. Or same as Shazam 2 and Thor 4 🙂 Babylon was fine, but didn't move me that much - 7/10. 

Knock at the Cabin was a lot more awesome than I expected - I knew nothing about the movie before watching it, didn't even see the trailer. Same with Smile - quite an awesome horror movie, or better than the usual garbage, even if not up there with Barbarian. I'd rate Knock at the Cabin and Smile 8/10. Operation Fortune was really - totally unexpectedly - awesome too - this was the winning scene, much like when I offer a glass of highly selected red wine to beer addicts, lol:

The wife loved Operation Fortune - I guess this IMDB review is spot on:

1234.jpg

Operation Fortune was 8.5/10 to me - maybe I just was in the right mood to watch that movie when we saw it. Haven't seen Elvis and Trouble with Harry yet - but my favorite of all is Across the Spider-verse, surely deserving a 9/10:

Also just ordered more 4K discs:

81UTcPd3pTL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

14866593-1825061809442378.jpg

Image of Transformers Rise of the Beasts 4K Steelbook__scaled_800.jpg

   

- all will hopefully arrive this week... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

kojack
MVP
MVP

Nope was great. The trailer I originally saw made it look a bit like a comedy, so I ignored it. But it definitely wasn't.

I had issues with Across The Spiderverse. Miles kicked ass, but the story really annoyed me.

Spoiler
It makes no sense to me that every variant of spiderman must have a personal tragedy happen at a specific time otherwise the dimension would collapse within minutes. There was no reason for a family member death to have a universe wide destructive effect.
Or if there was a sensible reason, I missed it.

Anyway, **bleep** that chase was cool.

I don't think I mentioned No One Will Save You on here.

Another alien invasion movie. Some really cool sound design, and the movie is almost entirely dialog free (makes sense when you understand the backstory). I really liked it.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Just finished watching the Elvis movie - it was great:

- but also a very sad movie, and now I'm in a sad mood, sigh 🙂 Not sure the movie is a 9/10, but I'd accept 8/10. Would have liked more focus on his music - I guess I have to buy some CD with his greatest hits. I do not own any albums from Elvis, it's not the music I normally listen to, but I'm prepared to make an exception 🙂 

Btw, saw this one on Disney+ last week - one of the best movies I've seen for years:

The Creator is 9/10 to me - but I do love the AI stuff, I'm biased 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

After watching the first 5 Star Trek movies in restored 4K disc versions, I'm ready to continue 😇 🤓

20240411_141653.jpg

Also got a few more movies in the bargain bin - not really into Gran Turismo, but I got Gran Turismo 7 VR, and my kids might enjoy this movie too - I'll ask Sony to cover my expenses for the movie 😎

My 16 year-old son and I are watching the Fargo TV-show on HBO Max (bought a year to get True Detective Season 4), now Season 4, it's great, but I never knew there was a movie. The Fargo movie is about 8.0 on IMDB and has been greatly restored for 4K - had to bleed like $40 for that movie, I'll enjoy it with a glass of a premium red wine this weekend 😀

I'm not normally into supporting Tom Cruise's salaries, kept me from watching Maverick for years, but finally gave in - and yes, Maverick was not exactly bad. So here I am, supporting the poor Mr. Cruise once more 😇 Also Mission Impossible 7 is 7.7 on IMDB.