cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

Lol - agreed,  Wilhelm Gottsreich Sigismond von Ormstein (Grand Duke of Cassel-Felstein and hereditary King of Bohemia) didn't exactly choose a great way to disguise himself! 

I do like the language also - and how they behave as true gentlemen - many persons could learn a lot here, or is it just me getting too old 

RuneSR2_0-1618066652951.png 

RuneSR2_1-1618066676060.png

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

kojack
MVP
MVP

Kind of makes sense I'd like this version, I also enjoy the Father Brown series (the newer one with Mark Williams). Another english detective series set in the past (but not as far back) with a gentleman lead. 🙂

If you haven't seen it, give HBomberguy's "Sherlock is Garbage" essay a watch. It's about how the recent series fails compared to the older interpretations.

"Wilhelm Gottsreich Sigismond von Ormstein (Grand Duke of Cassel-Felstein and hereditary King of Bohemia) didn't exactly choose a great way to disguise himself! "

I like to think the reason Holmes didn't give an explanation of how he deduced the guy's identity (as I was expecting) was because the disguise was just so crap it was obvious to him.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

kojack
MVP
MVP

I've finished the first season of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I'm about to start on season 2 once my ubereats arrives.

I like how there's the subtle (and not quite subtle) hints of Holmes' problems, the ocassional brief glimpse of a syringe, seeing his hand shaking and he consciously tries to control it while on a stake out, his place messed up, his irritation and anger sometimes getting out. None of it played for laughs like the RDJ movies.

I'm just annoyed he didn't get into a fight with the mad doctor strong man who threatened him. The way that ended wasn't how I expected.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

My son kinda lost interest - or needed a break, we'll be back 😇 

Also have not used Netflix for long - any tips for great detective shows would be highly appreciated. Did like that FBI show a lot - but it's soon long ago... Sigh ... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

kojack
MVP
MVP

I'm half way through season 3.

Usually I'm not a detective show fan. But I do have the 4 season box set of The Professionals.

kojack
MVP
MVP

I just finished the second episode of Sweet Home, the Netflix series based on a Korean Webtoon (online manga host).

It's about the tenants of a run down apartment building trying to survive a monster apocalypse.

It's really good so far. Cool monster designs. It's not just another zombie movie, every monster is different. Lots of blood, violence, tentacles, decapitations, etc.

There's 10 episodes, each around 55min.

I've also become addicted to the anime series So I'm a Spider, So What?

A high school girl dies and is reincarnated as a spider in a fantasy world that works like an RPG. But as a gamer, she takes advantage of the system and levels up like crazy.

The fight scenes are awesome.

kojack
MVP
MVP

I finished Sweet Home.

Really great show. It looks great. It doesn't feel like a live action manga remake (which it is).

It's also pretty depressing, this is one of those "don't get attached, you'll regret it" shows.

It also ends on a cliff hanger, so hopefully there's a season 2.

Just make sure you don't get Sweet Home and Chi's Sweet Home mixed up. One is korean horror, the other is the anime my kitten avatar is from. 🙂

Both good shows, just be careful which one you show your kids.

Mousepad33
Explorer

Hello everyone!

I'm currently watching the Breaking Bad series once again! I can tell you it's still very good!

But I'm in a lazy phase right now, because here in Germany the restrictions because of the pandemic are still very tough. I can't even go to the gym and be active. That's why I'm trying to adjust my eating behaviour to stay fit in these days. If you also lost your motivation for sports and want to improve your nutrition I can recommend you this article , that helped me a lot. It's in German but you can easily translate it with a translating tool.

I also love to watch the documentaries on Netflix regarding the planet and our consumer behaviour that damages our world. I can reccomend Seaspiracy and Cowspiracy. That will also help you to overthink your eating behaviour. 😄

Here you go that's all for today!

Regards

kojack
MVP
MVP

More So I'm a Spider, So What?

firefox_A1waslowkn.jpg

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

It's been out a few weeks or so, but just saw one of my favorite shows got a Season 2 ❤️ Will be checking it out in a few minutes!