cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worst part of waiting is not knowing..

EarlGrey
Expert Protege
I'm getting very tired of waiting. I've been pretty patient but I'm like... beyond despair, losing interest.

Worst part of it is that you don't hear anything from Oculus anymore. The Crescent Bay is all they ever show, and it's from Sept 2014, that's nearly 8 months ago, and that's like 5 years in VR. So not knowing what to expect and when is even worse than waiting for the product itself to arrive in the stores.

Until then my faith in VR is in a limbo. :?
3 REPLIES 3

Lhun
Explorer
"EarlGrey" wrote:
I'm getting very tired of waiting. I've been pretty patient but I'm like... beyond despair, losing interest.

Worst part of it is that you don't hear anything from Oculus anymore. The Crescent Bay is all they ever show, and it's from Sept 2014, that's nearly 8 months ago, and that's like 5 years in VR. So not knowing what to expect and when is even worse than waiting for the product itself to arrive in the stores.

Until then my faith in VR is in a limbo. :?

Right now it's up to the content producers.

I've never been more hyped for VR. I do own a DK2 and I'm starting to see things that are being worked on, like VR chat, and Altspace. It's coming, and it's going to be great.

I was in your posistion last month. I know how you feel and it sucks, but if VR doesn't arrive with a bang, with a well working, high quality headset, it will flop. Nobody wants that. We're making sure the stew is just right before we serve it, and it might need to simmer a bit.

VizionVR
Rising Star
I'm not waiting any longer. I downloaded UE4 and making my own VR. There's something very comforting about creating my own virtual space, my own little fortress of solitude that I can change as I wish. This feeling is best described as "Godlike". 😄
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

donkaradiablo
Explorer
"vizionvr" wrote:
I'm not waiting any longer. I downloaded UE4 and making my own VR. There's something very comforting about creating my own virtual space, my own little fortress of solitude that I can change as I wish. This feeling is best described as "Godlike". 😄

In VR? You can "tune" Mr. Murdock.
(Dark City)
Design with input solution, unifying mobile and PC product lines the input solution that could have been ideas Revolutionize the way we interact with... Change the world... Community...