cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve is pushing price of Games to FREE

cleverusername
Explorer
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-03-04-valve-is-pushing-price-of-pc-games-to-free-lovell

several ways to look at this, Valve and open source are going drive a finishing nail into the coffin of the "for profit" model of an already obliterating industry,,,, (read the comments at the article, lots of big developer brains see the writing on the wall - I only played KOTOR because it was free, it got my eyeballs, they could have done some in game advertising maybe (like a pepsi machine on the edge of the cantina) and I would have accepted that, but not paid to play.

Mankind is entering a truly golden age where billions of younglings will have more entertainment than they could ever consume, for free forever!

Developers will code new content just to do it, because the expectations of big money or status maybe become silly...

What if Steam wants the PC market to go to free because it will be a powerful competitive weapon as it battles the console manufacturers? Then I would expect [Valve] to open Steam to many more developers (Greenlight), to make games available fast (Early Access) and to give the market control over pricing (developers set their own sales)."

ASk not dear citizens what Oculus, Steam can do for you! But what YOU can do for Oculus! 😉 U will be assimilated, resistance is futile. Those that make the choice not to join, or contribute, FOR FREE, will simply be wiped away. The mass human consciousness of 8 billion and growing will take no prisoners.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-02-28-british-spy-agency-looked-into-tapping-kinect-feeds

If its a choice between oculus and valve, or those other guys that the spy angencies spy on me with, I will choose oculus valve.
mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4123 I am looking into that LEEP VR I lack practical 3d knowledge, I have found some good links, but I am not sure if they are the ones you were talking about. Would you mind direct linking me to them? :oops:
1 REPLY 1

cleverusername
Explorer

Bill Paxton from Aliens, what does da marine say? just great man, now what da fugg are we supposed to do? GAME OVER man! LOL!
mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4123 I am looking into that LEEP VR I lack practical 3d knowledge, I have found some good links, but I am not sure if they are the ones you were talking about. Would you mind direct linking me to them? :oops: