cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wearable AR headset - Passthrough

PR0L0
Honored Guest
I read that the Passthrough mode is not intended for extended use. It seems like this mode could be usefully enhanced to support a wearable AR interface for a truly immersive experience that would allow you to interact with your own world. Does a wearable AR interface already exist or is it all just VR at this point?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
Check out Microsoft's Hololens. It's amazing, but it's like $5000. There's also a device called Magic Leap, but it's nowhere near the level of Hololens and I don't think it's been released yet.

Have a look on YouTube. There's plenty of videos.

View solution in original post

kojack
MVP
MVP
If you want VR pass through, have a look at the Zed Mini. It's a stereo colour depth camera that sticks to the front of a VR headset and lets you do far higher quality passthrough than the Rift-S or Quest support. However it needs a decent power Nvidia graphics card (the processing requires Cuda) in a PC to run, so no Quest compatibility.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
Check out Microsoft's Hololens. It's amazing, but it's like $5000. There's also a device called Magic Leap, but it's nowhere near the level of Hololens and I don't think it's been released yet.

Have a look on YouTube. There's plenty of videos.

kojack
MVP
MVP
If you want VR pass through, have a look at the Zed Mini. It's a stereo colour depth camera that sticks to the front of a VR headset and lets you do far higher quality passthrough than the Rift-S or Quest support. However it needs a decent power Nvidia graphics card (the processing requires Cuda) in a PC to run, so no Quest compatibility.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2