cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wearality SKY: Limitless Virtual Reality (VR)

kondrak
Protege
Wearality Sky has launched their Kickstarter campaign:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/we ... mitless-vr

I'm not sure what to think about it. With mobile solution like this it makes me wonder how headtracking will be solved without any extra sensors or cameras. If there's none, that's a showstopper for me - with my sensitive stomach the DK2 camera is probably a major factor that makes the entire VR experience possible for me.
3 REPLIES 3

VizionVR
Rising Star
It's Google cardboard with Fresnel lenses. I seriously doubt getting a quality 150 FOV from that. The Vive uses Fresnel lenses, you'd think that Valve would have been smart enough to achieve more than 100 degree FOV if this technology actually provided quality imaging.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

kojack
MVP
MVP
150 fov is probably past the limit of ok quality rectilinear projection, so rendering style will have to change. The standard method for this fov would be to render the scene 4 times instead of 2 (each eye has two cameras that add to give the wide fov), like the infiniteye does. So even bigger performance hit than rendering on the rift.

The open design means outside light gets in. You'll see glare on the screen from light sources.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

pedrw
Expert Protege
Wearality

"Support these guys on Kickstarter. Explore the limitless possibilities of the Sky. The next generation of VR wearables is here, with an astonishing 150 degrees FOV. The combination of a pioneering team of VR experts and the largest defense contractor in the world has built the most impressive VR optics for headsets in the world with an astonishing field of view of 150 degrees, giving you a new way to look at the world - one that is truly limitless"... more https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/we ... mitless-vr