cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost use of paid for headset due to forced facebook

me.354542
Explorer

Why won't facebook/meta compromise with those customers who do not want to socialize in VR? Why can't they make allowances for those who didn't want to join facebook? A meta account to me is no different than a facebook account.

I had a perfectly good Oculus account when I purchased in Dec 2019. Why couldn't facebook/meta just leave that for those who can't/don't socialize due to a mental disability? And why won't they even consider a compromise or anything resembling a bit of fairness?

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @me.354542. Thank you for reaching out. We noticed that you had a few ideas about a Facebook/Meta compromise. We think that's wonderful, however, if you would like to share your information with others, please share your idea here. We hope this was helpful.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I don't see the point of sharing this with anyone - I'll only be ridiculed and told to shut up and stop crying - no thanks. I just wanted to log this here so facebook/meta knows I'm not happy and haven't been since I was told to join facebook or get lost

me.354542
Explorer

I feel stupid now that I realize I just replied to a bot -

I know it's a bot because a real person would not repeat facebook/meta - they would say just Meta

this is run by facebook/meta or just customers?

Hey there @me.354542! It's totally understandable that not everyone chooses to communicate through social media all the time. I hear you! Might I say you make a very captivating case here! It would be awesome to hear from more members of the community on this topic.

Good news is, with the new migration, you can choose to log into your device with an email account rather than a Facebook account. The "Meta account" replaces the name of the "Oculus account" it's not a social profile. Thus, I'm sure the agent meant to promote both subjects when they mentioned "Facebook/Meta."

I assure you all responses posted here are from genuine, caring people.

I hope this will be of some help!

Kudos, kudos and more kudos!

Hi JamBox88, thanks for reaching out. And kindly.

Um, agent?

Are the members of the community here headset owners only or facebook/meta employees? Do you work for facebook/meta/oculus/reality labs/meta labs/etc?

Or are you simply a happy headset owner, like I used to be so long ago?

Either way I'm guessing if I post my comment on this forum I'll only stir up the same ridicule I get when I leave my comments on the facebook/meta YouTube videos. I mean I have thick skin but sometimes it's a drag.

I do understand the meta account has taken place of the facebook account but I lost trust and any desire to deal with this corp when they so coldly turned down any requests to discuss a refund or any options other than me losing the headset, and my cash if I don't join. Wow. It still baffles me that folks consider that fair. I would like to think there are some facebook/meta employees who feel this was unfair, but that's a moot point now.

I was really disappointed and super depressed when this all happened, and I'm still one of those to this day. But I won't put all that on facebook/meta; they certainly hurt me by taking away VR - and my cash. Take one or the other, but not both please.

Anyways, thanks for being kind. It's a rarity for me. Take care.

@me.354542 wrote:

Are the members of the community here headset owners only or facebook/meta employees? Do you work for facebook/meta/oculus/reality labs/meta labs/etc?

Or are you simply a happy headset owner, like I used to be so long ago?

People who have the rank of community manager, admin, meta quest support, etc are all Meta employees of some form (I guess some could be contracted, I don't know the actual internal organisation).

There's also the Volunteer Moderators (currently DaftnDirect, nalex66 and myself) who are long time Oculus owners who were given moderator abilities, but we don't work for Meta.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Thanks for letting me know kojack. I was woefully naive about the premise of this forum - I thought it was a group of VR headset owners and that possibly one or more might agree with my plight, but if it's only the same folks I've already been wasting words with at the meta support, I'll stop.

kojack
MVP
MVP

It's a community support forum. 99.99% of users on here are just oculus headset owners like us, and a lot of it is us helping each other. But it's owned and run by Meta, and they have an increased official presence lately.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Thanks. How do I go about deleting this account I've had to create here? Or I suppose I'll have to research it myself.