cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xrLocateSpace on action space return invalid pose on Quest2

Davilovick
Honored Guest

I've developing the integration of OpenXR and Quest with our own graphic engine using OpenXR and native api

I've ported the Hello_xr sample and it is working perfectly on Desktop devices (Oculus Rift with Link and other devices), but when I deploy the app on Quest 2, the xrLocateSpace() function never return a valid pose, and every time that I call this method, this message is showed in the console:

[Telemetry] [OpenXR] data field; input path binding invalid;

I've checked everything in the Hello_xr sample to see if there is an issue with action bindings, but in desktop there is no issues at all.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

johnkearney
Oculus Staff

@Davilovick generally the hello_xr app is tested with Oculus OpenXR on Quest and PC every release and you should have high confidence that it will work. If you are getting a message about an invalid binding, the issue is likely in that area.

Some ideas on things to check:
 - Which interaction profile are you using? (for something as simple as pose this shouldn't matter as most of the common profiles support it...)
 - Are you checking the return code from `xrSuggestInteractionProfileBindings`?
 - Are you checking the return code from `xrAttachSessionActionSets`?
 - Which interaction profiles are you offering bindings for?

If you have sample code that you'd like to share, it might make it easier to offer more suggestions.

Alternatively, there is a suite of conformance tests for OpenXR which all runtimes pass: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenXR-CTS ; it can be a good way to understand what runtimes support.

Thanks,

John

lionleaf
Oculus Staff

Hi @Davilovick,

This could be caused by the relative ordering of your `xrSuggestInteractionProfileBindings` and `xrCreateActionSpace` calls. If it's not already the case, try moving `xrCreateActionSpace` after `xrSuggestInteractionProfileBindings`.

This behavior will change in an upcoming release to make it safe to call them in either order.

Thanks,

Andreas "lionleaf" Selvik