cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avatar Pose Update Playback issues

MikeF
Trustee
I've just finished the first pass of integrating avatar pose recording an playback over a network and everything seems to be working, but i have a couple concerns:
1) The playback seems to be just using raw data without any kind of interpolation so the movements can be choppy at times. Is there any way to allow for smoother interpolation?
2) The amount of packets being streamed/received seems to be very different. On the outgoing stream i'm seeing a peak of about 500/second, but on the receiving side i'm seeing closer to 2500/second. This is causing issues in the stream stability and eventually leads to a crash. Is there some way to optimize this?

As it is now i'm using photon with unity, as packets are recorded the byte array is streamed and received via OnPhotontonSerializeView. Then in an update function i've got clients playing back the received stream using the example code :

void ReceivePacketData(byte[] data)
{
using (MemoryStream inputStream = new MemoryStream(data))
{
BinaryReader reader = new BinaryReader(inputStream);
int sequence = reader.ReadInt32();
OvrAvatarPacket packet = OvrAvatarPacket.Read(inputStream);
LoopbackAvatar.GetComponent<OvrAvatarRemoteDriver>().QueuePacket(sequence, packet);
}
}

Maybe i'm not approaching this in the most efficient way, any help would be appreciated
0 REPLIES 0