cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-release Avatar SDK

GEMISIS
Adventurer
Hey there,
I was curious if there was any chance that developers could get access to the Avatar SDK early, as I am eager to use them in the game and app I am working on currently. Any news about a release through the VIP Room channels here?
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed, we would love to play around with Avatar SDK soon as possible.

ChrisCas
Protege
With the new release and and the Avatar Editor 

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-avatar-editor\

You can get some hints about it if you de-complie the unity project. there is a new namespace called Oculus.Avatar

There are a lot of events for poses and hands.

GEMISIS
Adventurer
The bigger thing I need it for is the actual models and such.  I'm in the process of implementing multiplayer for my GearVR game, and am planning to use them for the multiplayer (since I really can't draw to save my life haha).  Hopefully using the API in Unity is pretty straightforward then.

MikeF
Trustee
I know the 6th is rite around the corner but it would be great to get some early access on this for people in the vip room!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here here! I would really like to implement them as soon as possible... anybody out there?

GEMISIS
Adventurer
At this point it looks like select few have access. Unfortunately I am postponing multiplayer in my game until next year when the GearVR version is available, but I'm guessing the PC version will release with Touch.