cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.3.0 Performance report from the below-spec DK2 crowd

sbdykes
Protege
https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/comment/307463#Comment_307463

Pursuant to my previous threads on the topic (see above), I have good news to report from the land of DK2 below-spec folks.

On the development side, I'm pleased to report that running on my below-spec GeForce 560Ti continues to function just fine after upgrading my project to SDK and runtime 1.3.0.  As previously discussed, the Kepler-or-better NVIDIA requirement is actually incorrect, as the NVIDIA Gameworks SDK the runtime is built on top of actually supports 500-level cards or better.

Further, I'm surprised to report that all of the VR experiences available through the release Oculus home, including Dreamscape, Lost, Henry, and Lucky's Tale all actually run at quite an acceptable framerate (smooth, no judder) on my setup.  This could very well be a result of UE4 doing a nice job of catering-to-spec for performance on those projects, but it was a very pleasant surprise.

Just thought I'd let those devs who are still plodding along in unsupported spec land know that, at least for DK2 setups, things are still working decently with the latest release.

DK2
Intel Core i7 2600k
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 560Ti
Sensor utilizing USB2 (didn't work when plugged in to my unsupported USB3)
Headset utilizing unsupported USB3
X360 controller
0 REPLIES 0