cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.3.0 and X360 controller management

sbdykes
Protege
I'm on SDK/runtime 1.3.0, have been using DK2 with my own X360 (wired) controller attached, and have noticed that the Oculus runtime/home software is a bit flaky with regards to managing the X360 controller.  Shutting off the HMD, and/or closing the Oculus home software will sometimes deactivates my X360 controller (system thinks it's not plugged in/controller is not lit).  I can work around this by turning on the HMD, restarting the Oculus home software, then shutting them down a particular order.

Anyone else seeing this?

Presumably this is some kind of side-effect of the new built-in controller support.  As mentioned, I can work around it, but it's annoying.
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
That doesn't sound right. I have a wired Xbox360 controller here at my desk and haven't had any issues with it. Can you try uninstalling the 360 controller driver in Device Manager and restarting your computer?

sbdykes
Protege
Upon further inspection it appears that the controller is not, in fact, disconnected/non-functional.  However, what led me to believe this is that the ring connection indicator does (sometimes) go off (is unlit) as described above.  The controller still functions (XInput recognizes it, etc.), but a visual inspection would lead you to believe it's not connected (as that's what the ring indicator is for).  For kicks I did go ahead and uninstall the controller driver and restart, but that strange connected light behavior remains.

This behavior only happens with the 1.3.0 runtime/Oculus home software.  I have had no such issues with the controller in any other applications, either previously or after the 1.3.0 update.

So, a non-critical C-class bug, but clearly something odd is happening that's probably worth looking into.

cybereality
Grand Champion
OK. Noted.