cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error retrieving friends list

DanielOddQ
Honored Guest

Hey all.

We've been using the Rift platform for testing our games on PC but recently we've been having problems retrieving any user's friend list. The error message in question is:

"error":{"message":"Permissions error","type":"OCApiException","code":200,"fbtrace_id":"AKUo-ZTkKryRvDol_mzVEuv"}

As you can see it looks like a permissions issue but according to the dashboard these are granted for both apps. The entitlement check, user ID, profile picture and everything else is working fine.

Both apps' pages are new since the previous ones were deleted by mistake.

6 REPLIES 6

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

May I ask if you have had any luck resolving this issue? I started an app about 4 months ago, and had the friends list part working correctly. I recently started working on the project again. After not having made any changes to my organization or test users and after verifying that my data use checkup page is up -to-date, I'm now getting the same error as you in response to my GetLoggedInUserFriends() call.

I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that you found something that worked.

I'm afraid the issue is still there. Creating a new app didn't seem to work either. As far as I know Oculus is taking a look at the problem, so let's hope it gets fixed soon.

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

Which version of Unity Editor and Oculus Integration are you using? I've upgraded everything to editor 2022.2.12f1 and Oculus Integration V50.

Apologies for the late reply! We are using Unity 2021.3.12 and Oculus Integration v47

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

I finally got mine working. I have tried MANY things, and I'm not sure which one fixed it, but my two leading possibilities are:

1) Actually uploading a build to the testing release channels AND installing the app on the device through the app store. Before this broke, I would just create the APK in Unity, setting the APP ID to the one from the Meta app manager, and push the APK to the device. That USED to work, and I could get the user list in the app. I ran across some newer documentation on the developer website that said the app must be downloaded to the headset through the app store, so I did that.

2) I'm in the PTC channel and my Pro and Q2 are on pre-release V51. I noticed that on the organization page, a new option to "verify" my organization was available, and I had started the process, but they had not yet approved me, and the notices on the page were telling me that until the process was complete, I would be unable to upload or release apps. This morning I got an email letting me know that they finally accepted my verification. I just tested my app again and the call is now succeeding. I think I was stuck in the middle of a process that wasn't quite ready-for-production.

I'm not sure which of the two items (or another) actually solved the issue for me, but I hope the info can help you.

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

... I'm also seeing on the forums that at least a few other API-related issues have cleared up in the last day or two - quite possible that Meta's team messed things up and are fixing them slowly, and that none of my changes are what fixed it for me. 🙂