cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPS Creator

space123321
Explorer
I came across the FPS Creator website recently and it appears that they are working on a new version of the engine entitled FPS Creator Reloaded. Hoping they will incorporate Oculus Rift support to this as an option. I can see they had created support for HMD's in the past...

Taken from a post on the individual working on Reloaded, looks like support will be coming in time:

Quote: "
True VR Immersion

That's right folks, those brain buckets at Oculus Rift have figured out through lens technology how to fill those annoying black gaps in your peripheral vision with more pixels. The upshot is that if you put it on your face, you instantly stop seeing the real world and completely drown in another one.

Needless to say, I want one really really badly! For research purposes you understand. My prediction is that I will be working on this bit of kit around Christmas 2013 to get a feel for the SDK and then have something for you guys added to Reloaded early 2014 (but don't quote me on that). The challenge is not to connect it up for stereo 3D rendering (which would take me all of five minutes), but to tweak and adjust the controls, HUD views and game content to produce a great Oculus Rift experience. My understanding is that it augments the players perception within the game world. Watch the video and listen to the bit about how the Doom 3 player is actually only 4 feet tall - something you can't appreciate on a flat monitor. Fun times ahead!
0 REPLIES 0