cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus entitlement on UE4 is broken by recent Oculus app update

DolloD
Protege
Hi there, 
The latest update of the Oculus app that is automatically updated has introduced a problem for me that has broken the entitlement check and the ability to talk to the Oculus platform for our app we are working on. To reproduce this problem create a new blank app in UE4, go to plugins and check off the Oculus Online Subsystem add the following to the level blueprint:
z0dihebdpyfb.png

Add a test app to developer.oculus.com and get the App ID 
Then go to DefaultEngine.ini, add the following

[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService=Oculus

[OnlineSubsystemOculus]
bEnabled=true
OculusAppId=(The App ID from above)

Then restart UE4 and run the app in VR preview or selected viewport and see the following in the log:

LogOnline: Display: Oculus: FOnlineSubsystemOculus::InitWithWindowsPlatform()
LogOnline: Warning: Oculus: Failed Oculus login. Not currently logged into Oculus.  Make sure Oculus is running and you are entitled to the app.
LogOnline: Error: Oculus: Failed the entitlement check: OVR6139226
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Minimal_Default_C_0] Failure

This is with UE4.18.0, but I am seeing this too in 4.15.3 with Oculus 1.14, and this problem is grinding everything to a halt for us.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Fredrum
Expert Protege

Awesome! 🙂
Is that something that is being fixed on Oculus' server side or in the Unreal code?
Ie, would I have to update my engine version, to a Github source version, to get the fix?

Fredrum
Expert Protege

@Fredrum

We are pushing a hot fix for this in 1.20 here sometime today.

Hi, did this one happen?
If it did then I presume we would have to build a source version of Unreal as when I just tried I didn't get a valid respons from Oculus servers.

UPDATE: I just compiled the Oculus source version of 4.18 (couldn't figure out how to get 4.17 :P) and have run several times and it seems to be fixed in that version! Great!
Now I just have to try and see if I can manage to test 4.17 too as I'm not sure if we can move up or not.

Cheers, Fred

I have the exact same issue. I first tried this one year ago on UE 4.25 followed the steps just like you did. I spent a long time trying to figure this out and finally gave up. One year later, I’m trying this on UE 4.27 and I am still getting the same problem.
I have tried so many variations of solutions that I found online but nothing works. Is there anyone who can help set this up?

Thanks.

LogOnlineIdentity: Error: Oculus: Failed the entitlement check: Missing entitlement for XXXXXXXXXXX (1971031)

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

Still happening 2/3/2022? Is this why all software is failing entitlement checks on V. 37? 

LordCommandr
Honored Guest

It's happening with me, but I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it's something else. This is my first time developing for Oculus. I sent them a question and they replied saying I need to submit a request for Data Use Check, otherwise "If not, you will likely have to apply for that first as you may be receiving a 0 value for your User ID check."

So I submitted a request for User ID, and am just waiting for a response.