cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OculusTrcValidator fails and OculusDebugTool crashes

SamGondelman
Honored Guest
I am trying to test an app using the OculusTrcValidator before uploading it to the Oculus Store.  When I run the Validator:

$ ./OculusTrcValidator.exe --path "/c/Program\ Files/High\ Fidelity\interface.exe" -v

Almost all of the tests fail like this:

Starting TestSdkVersion
Sending message to OAF: {"requestData":{"wearing_hmd":true},"requestName":"/life_cycle/proximity_sensor","sequenceId":"128"}
Response from OAF: {"messageType":"RESPONSE","payload":{"value":"OK"},"payloadType":"PLAIN_STRING","sequenceId":"128","timestamp":"1540425588143"}

ERROR: Application launch was cancelled
ERROR: Setup test failed because application couldn't be started. HRESULT: 1223
Cleaning up...
Sending message to OAF: {"requestData":{"wearing_hmd":false},"requestName":"/life_cycle/proximity_sensor","sequenceId":"129"}
Response from OAF: {"messageType":"RESPONSE","payload":{"value":"OK"},"payloadType":"PLAIN_STRING","sequenceId":"129","timestamp":"1540425588219"}

Test FAILED

The same thing happens when I try to validate an app that I've downloaded from the Oculus Store, so it's not an issue with the application I'm testing.

I've tried to use the OculusDebugTool GUI to do it, but it crashes very quickly if I open "Validate App" and try to do anything (choose a file, select a test, run, etc.).

Does anyone have any advice?  Thank you.
24 REPLIES 24

LucasRizzotto
Explorer
Same issue here. Was going to submit a new build to the Oculus Store today but can't get the verification through .

Steps should really be outlined publicly instead of PMd.

Ayfel
Expert Protege
Can I have those steps as well please?

sanbae
Honored Guest
Same issue here!

krougeau
Honored Guest
@imperativity I'm having the same issue and would appreciate whatever information you're PMing around. Thanks!

clint205
Explorer
Same issue here as well.  Please help

psparikh
Protege
I am having the same issue as well.Thanks! @imperativity

hongjiny_dev
Honored Guest
@imperativity We are having the same issue and would love to hear from you. Thanks.

krougeau
Honored Guest
🙂

MoonshineG
Explorer
I am having the same issue as well.Thanks! @imperativity HELP!!

MoonshineG
Explorer
I am having the same issue as well.Thanks! @imperativity HELP!!