cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ovrHmd_AttachToWindow

rupy
Honored Guest
How can one give the runtime a window to render on the direct monitor?
11 REPLIES 11

jherico
Adventurer
"rupy" wrote:
I can't add my own window to direct mode no, on neither

You don't add a window to direct mode. You request texture IDs from the SDK and then render to them using framebuffers. This is the way it's been for a long time. LWJGL can do it, JOGL can do it, there's no reason you can't do it too. The old 'attach to window' mechanism of using direct mode is long dead, and good riddance.

rupy
Honored Guest
Yep, I know, but I believe in 2x Hz FPS for simulator sickness. So I'll stick to that, which I know works, until I try the Vive regular content. If I'm not sick in say Fantastic Contraption on a moderate passively cooled video card (~65W, maybe some pascal this summer if not my 750Ti) I'll happily abandon my quest for owning the complete render chain barrel+CA IPD (DK2) etc...

I'm also dreading undebuggable complications when trying to render to that texture with OpenGL 1.0; had enough headaches getting my rendering to work the first time.

But for my RPi 3 project I still need the complete render chain. Oculus or Valve are never going to port to OpenGL 1.0 SBC ARM, they will stick to OpenGL ES Android.