cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do development users and test-users created through the dashboard update live leaderboards?

jumbli
Heroic Explorer
When testing via the Unreal Editor (4.17 from Oculus GitHub) leaderboards are updated as expected when using my development Oculus user and a test user I created in the dashboard (after adding the Side Loading registry entry).

If I upload to the Alpha channel and test via Oculus Home, the leaderboard entries appear to be empty.

Do you flag developer users and test users created via the dashboard and purposely exclude them from being displayed in the leaderboards shown when playing via Oculus Home? That would make sense, but I just want to clarify it's true.

When I start my Alpha Testing I will be inviting users with proper Oculus accounts to test and I will manually add them (via email address) to the Alpha Channel. Will they update the live leaderboards so that I can see it's all working properly? I assume the testers don't need to have been given keys for the live leaderboard to be updated, is that correct?

Thanks.
Developer of Dimensional, The Relentless, Breath Tech, Jigsaw 360 View my dev blog at JumbliVR.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Test users shouldn't be flagged in any leaderboards. They should appear as normal just like regular users. Is it possible that you are filtering out users when displaying the leaderboard?

You can use the REST Api to query your leaderboard. The following documentation page describes how to perform the request:
https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/platform/latest/concepts/dg-cc-leaderboards/

The following query will return all the entries within your leaderboard. You will need to supply either the ACCESS_TOKEN or USER_TOKEN.
curl -G -d "access_token=$ACCESS_TOKEN|$USER_ACCESSTOKEN" -d "api_name=<leaderboard_name>" -d "filter=NONE" -d "fields=user{id,alias},rank,score,timestamp" https://graph.oculus.com/leaderboard_entries
ACCESS_TOKEN consists of the following string "OC|App Id|App Secret" where App Id and App Secret can be found on the 'Getting Started API' page of your Dashboard.

USER_ACCESSTOKEN can be obtained via a ovr_AccessToken_Get SDK call.

Regarding testers and keys, when a user is added to one of your release channels they are given an entitlement to your application, allowing them to download your application.

Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Test users shouldn't be flagged in any leaderboards. They should appear as normal just like regular users. Is it possible that you are filtering out users when displaying the leaderboard?

You can use the REST Api to query your leaderboard. The following documentation page describes how to perform the request:
https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/platform/latest/concepts/dg-cc-leaderboards/

The following query will return all the entries within your leaderboard. You will need to supply either the ACCESS_TOKEN or USER_TOKEN.
curl -G -d "access_token=$ACCESS_TOKEN|$USER_ACCESSTOKEN" -d "api_name=<leaderboard_name>" -d "filter=NONE" -d "fields=user{id,alias},rank,score,timestamp" https://graph.oculus.com/leaderboard_entries
ACCESS_TOKEN consists of the following string "OC|App Id|App Secret" where App Id and App Secret can be found on the 'Getting Started API' page of your Dashboard.

USER_ACCESSTOKEN can be obtained via a ovr_AccessToken_Get SDK call.

Regarding testers and keys, when a user is added to one of your release channels they are given an entitlement to your application, allowing them to download your application.

Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

jumbli
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for your response. Knowing that the scores should be showing, I did some more investigation and got it to work. For the benefit of anyone else struggling, here's what I learned:

1) The log files in \Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Oculus\Service... show the requests and responses being made via platform SDK, so that helped solve the problem very easily.
2) Leaderboard names are case sensitive.
3) In UE4, something was changing the leaderboard names I was sending to be all lowercase. This only occurred in the packaged game. I can't think why this would happen and maybe it is specific to my game. The result was that my leaderboard "Timed" would work when running in the editor, but failed in the packaged build when "timed" was being sent instead. I just made everything lowercase to fix the problem.

One step closer to alpha testing 🙂
Developer of Dimensional, The Relentless, Breath Tech, Jigsaw 360 View my dev blog at JumbliVR.com

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for the update. 

I looked through our documentation and there is no mention of case-sensitivity in regards to leaderboard names. I will put in a request to have our documentation updated.